IGNORED

What's Your Winter Training Regime?

Gebus
Note: This thread is 5142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know its a bit late but for me up here in Canada I still have another two months before golf starts. I play university golf and am training to make the competition team.

My current training regime:
  • Minimum 100 puts a day on my little 10 foot putting mat-return ball devices (concentrating on stroke of course)
  • Gym 5 days a week full golf strength and balance (and flexibility) training (luckily our golf coach is the schools head of fitness)
  • Friday a full 2 hour practice hitting about two buckets of balls (with coach and V1 analysis)
  • Try to get another 2 hour practice without coach and V1 every week
  • Every couple of weeks try to get to a golf simulator and shoot a round, (tough without a car and clubs+subway= bad)

If you have any suggestions of things I can add to my regime I would appreciate the advice.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

Every night I do a little 5-10 min stretching routine, then I grab a hula hoop and put it around my shoulders for visual training to make sure my shoulders are rotating properly (as per my coach, last year my shoulders were all out of whack). Then I grab two headcovers under both arms and practice bringing the club to hip height in both backswing and forward swing focusing on shoulder turn and my left arm. After that some quick putting at different distances and angles on the carpet. Very unscientific but the best I can manage inside the home.

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

salut de texas. je peux pas imaginer habitant dans un climat tel que vous avez dans le nord. ca fait presque impossible de guarder les fondamentals du swing tout l'annee, et surtout je deteste le froid.

ok, so when weather permits. i start with 60* and 56* pitch shots on the chipping green at our local muni. i hit 50-100 shots with each club from varying distances depending on how much time i have. then i go to the range, and hit 60 balls. every three balls i switch clubs, and try to shape different shots with each swing. last is putting. i do about 20 min. of putting practice from various distances.

i second the other guy who says you should stretch. however, i'd say you should do at least 20 min. a day.

Oui ca fait Chier le froid mais les filles a Montreal sont juste trop belle.

Thanks for the input guys I do do a full stretching program at the gym 5 days a week, though flexibility is not a problem in my game (4 years of competitive paintball helped there). I really like the head cover drill seeing as it doesn't take too much space, thanks.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

Note: This thread is 5142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!