IGNORED

Change to Titleist irons

Birdie
Note: This thread is 6476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started playing a year ago and have managed to get down to 6 handicap. At presant I use a set of Nike Pro Combo Tour irons, but am looking to make a switch to Titleist. I tend to hit the ball relativly low, especially the 5 and 4 irons so I guess some irons that help me get it in the air easier would help. Im also unsure whether to get blades/muscle backs, such as the 695MB's, or cavity backs, such as the 695CB's or 775CB's. Or maybe I should go for a blend of the two, in getting the 735CM's. I would welcome any advice on this subject.

In My Bag

Driver: Titlesit 905T (10.5 dgreees) - Aldila NV65 Reg Flex Shaft (Green)
3-Wood: Mizuno F50 (15 degrees) - Aldila NV65 Red Flex Shaft (Pink)
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

I started playing a year ago and have managed to get down to 6 handicap. At presant I use a set of Nike Pro Combo Tour irons, but am looking to make a switch to Titleist. I tend to hit the ball relativly low, especially the 5 and 4 irons so I guess some irons that help me get it in the air easier would help. Im also unsure whether to get blades/muscle backs, such as the 695MB's, or cavity backs, such as the 695CB's or 775CB's. Or maybe I should go for a blend of the two, in getting the 735CM's. I would welcome any advice on this subject.

Birdie, Good for you admitting that you have trouble getting enough height on your long irons. Few golfers are willing to admit that although it's a real problem. With that said, the only iron from Titleist I would consider are the 775 or 755. Everything else will only lower your ball flight. There are several other irons you should consider, the Mizuno MX-23, Hogan Apex Edge, Cleveland CG-4 Tour, Callaway X-Tour, and TaylorMade RAC LT all should help you with your trajectory issues.

Note: This thread is 6476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!