IGNORED

Help with Equipment Change

Note: This thread is 6474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to purchase a set of Mizuno Comp EZ irons to replace my Mizuno Sures. The Comp EZ looks a lot like the Sure but is forged and has a little less offset. The lofts are pretty similar, Comp EZ 4-6 (23*, 26*, 29*) irons are 1* degree stronger than the Sures and the Comp EZ pw(46*)is 1* weaker. I'm buying them because I want a little less offset and I love the performance of the TT Dynamic Gold Plus shaft which isn't made anymore. However there is a set offered with Rifle 6.5 shafts at a great price.

I am trying to choose between a set with TT Dynamic Gold Plus S300 shafts or Rifle 6.5. I love the weight of the Gold Plus. How do these shafts compare? I don't like heavy clubs.

I hit my 9 iron 150 yards; 7-170; 5-190. My ball flight is mid to low.

Any ideas?

I am looking to purchase a set of Mizuno Comp EZ irons to replace my Mizuno Sures. The Comp EZ looks a lot like the Sure but is forged and has a little less offset. The lofts are pretty similar, Comp EZ 4-6 (23*, 26*, 29*) irons are 1* degree stronger than the Sures and the Comp EZ pw(46*)is 1* weaker. I'm buying them because I want a little less offset and I love the performance of the TT Dynamic Gold Plus shaft which isn't made anymore. However there is a set offered with Rifle 6.5 shafts at a great price.

any chance you can give both sets a try before buying them? that would be your best bet.. but im sure gas_can or someone else will reply with a shaft diagnosis. :)

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

p2min, As far as shafts go, True Tempers Gold Plus has been discontinued and has been replaced by Dynamic Gold Lite. They both have similar specs, bend points, and feel. If you really love the feel of the Gold Plus, you can still find them here inexpensively: http://www.leaderboardgolf.com/close...dplusirons.htm Rifle has a very similar bend profile as the Gold plus, with a slightly different feel. They're a bit heavier, but since much of the weight is in the butt end, chances are very good that you won't feel it. Since the bend profiles of the two shafts are so similiar, there's a very good chance that you will like the rifles. However, at a frequency of 6.5, you will need to softstep them to get them down to the same frequency of the stiff flex in the gold plus. As far as the irons go, I'm a little perplexed as to why you want to replace old irons with old irons? Don't worry about the lofts on the T-Zoid Comp EZ's, they are forged and can easily be bent for loft 1-2 degerees without changing playing characteristics.

I'm replacing the the old irons with old irons because these seem to work for me. I have been playing the Sures for about 4 years. I'm fairly accurate with them except for the fact that I tend to draw them a little too much. I also have a little trouble working the ball left to right. This way I practically get the same iron with a little less offset and I don't have to make a drastic transition to an iron with practically no offset.

Although I love golf equipment, I don't have to have the new models each year. I try to stick with what works for me. Since I play so well with the Sures, I think the Comp EZ should help me fine tune my iron play.

I bought a set on Ebay a couple of weeks ago, but they were an inch too long and had an upright lie. They also seemed a bit heavy. I sent them back. The listing said the were standard length and lie.

Oh yeah, are forged irons heavier than cast? The Sures and the Comp EZ look just alike. I think the only difference may be the lofts I mentioned earlier; the offset; the Comp EZ has a slightly smaller head and thinner top line; and the Comp EZ is forged and the Sures are cast. Are there other differences I should know about?

Note: This thread is 6474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!