IGNORED

Refinishing Vokeys in Black Oxide - sick

Note: This thread is 4118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use baby oil on my TeI3 Scotty Cameron and have never had any rusting issues........

What's in my Stand Bag.....
Driver: 909 D2 8.5 Graphite Design YS-6
3-Wood: 904 F 15 Rifle Shaft
Irons: 2-PW 690 MB Blades
Wedges:Spin Milled 54 & 58 degreePutter: TeI3 Newport LongneckBalls: Pro-V1xFavorite Golfer: Nick Watney

Eric did my MP32s, too. Great work and he stamped my sons names on my seven iron. I've used them for one round of golf and four range sessions and they still look brand new.

You might also want to use the oil that cleans swords. It was recommended to me by someone else and it works just fine.

I'm going to send him a couple of wedges that need some work. It's like getting a new club at a fraction of the cost.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

they look sweet!!! i might consider it instead of buying new vokeys in a couple of years

Anybody know anywhere else around the country that does this... this is awesome! Perhaps in Colorado, or tips on how to find it?

Eric did my MP32s, too. Great work and he stamped my sons names on my seven iron. I've used them for one round of golf and four range sessions and they still look brand new.

Is this at Chop Shop Golf? Do you know of any other places that do this? Also what was the cost of the entire set? As much info as you can provide would be great!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

Is this at Chop Shop Golf? Do you know of any other places that do this? Also what was the cost of the entire set? As much info as you can provide would be great!

I'm pretty sure it's Chop Shop - my local club repair place sends it out and from everything I can find this is where they send them (they said they found the guy on ebay). Chop Shop is in Eastpointe, MI which is only about 30 miles from my place.

I stopped by to try and get them, but they said they should be in by the end of the week.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Yes, they are from Chop Shop Golf and the person's name is Eric Vatral. It took two weeks, door to door, for the work to be done. He refinished my set from the 5I to PW. I did not ask him to paintfill the clubs because I really liked the all black look. Instead, I just asked him to do some stampings. At the time, I paid almost $200 for the work and the clubs look brand new. I can send you some pics or you can google "xtraspin" and "ebay" for what the irons look like.

There are other places that do this: The Iron Factory in Dallas and Black Oxide Services in California. BOS offers the most extensive types of finishes but they start at $50 a club. Their work, in fairness, is fantastic.

Hope this helped.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• 2 years later...

I know this is a bit late from the posting date of this discussion, but I've been using silicone and petroleum-based products to keep rust off of my irons and other metal surfaces for years...to my detriment.  I just found another way to keep rust of of my irons and other metal surfaces (guns,etc.), it's called Frog Lube.

Google Frog Lube and check it out.  It's eco-friendly for those eco-conscious golfers or gun ****s--and , you can actually eat it!

As mentioned, I've used everything from 10WD-40 and silicone products to keep irons and guns properly lubed and to prevent rust, but what these products actually do is just sit on the surface of the metal.  Frog Lube actually penetrates the porous metal to keep it lubricated and prevent rust.

You be the judge, this is what I use...and my clubs stay perfect year-round!!

When did golfers become such interior decorators?

The clubs do look sick though, that I can't deny.

taylormade.gif Burner Superfast 1.0: 10.5* Driver, 15* 3-wood

adams.gif a5OS Hybrid/Irons Set: 3h-5h, 6-PW

adams.gif "Tom Watson Classic" Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*
taylormade.gif Est 79 TM-770 Putter, "Fontana" Pattern

xFIXx

If you're lubing your clubs with silicone, or WD40 or anything else after play - are you doing anything before you set out on your next round to remove the lube for play?

Nope, the 1/8" of Vaseline on the face of my Driver does wonders to correct my slice. ;)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!