IGNORED

Titleist 503.H

Note: This thread is 6468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would like to bend my 19* to 21* and 22* to 24*. Does anyone know for sure if these can be bent?

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

• Administrator
Would like to bend my 19* to 21* and 22* to 24*. Does anyone know for sure if these can be bent?

Not very easily. You're bending the hosel, after all, and it's not really built for that. It may be possible, but I'll say no. A clubmaker may say otherwise, in which case you should believe them, naturally.

Just make sure it's a clubmaker who's not trying to get you to pay him to do it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Probably a stupid question, but I've never seen the answer... Why would you bend a club to change the loft vs. buying a club at the desired loft?
Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

Probably a stupid question, but I've never seen the answer... Why would you bend a club to change the loft vs. buying a club at the desired loft?

I replaced my 3&4 irons with the 503.h because they are more like irons than woods. i am trying to get the lofts closer to an actual 3&4 iron lofts. I play the 670 forged irons and feel more comfortable with the slightly larger head. I can hit my 3&4 irons pure 3 out of 5 but the hybrids I can pure 5 out of 5. I gave up the ego trip a year ago and play what brings my scores down. It was once said to me that if you are facing a 210 yard shot over water with a tightly tucked pin, which would you feel more comfortable with, an easy to hit hybrid or a forged blade?

Other part of the answer to your question is that Titlist doesn't make them in the lofts I need. Now they have come out with the 585.h which I picked up the 19* last night and used today. Looks like I will probably pick up the 21* & 24* on Friday, best damn hybrids I have ever hit. Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

Not very easily. You're bending the hosel, after all, and it's not really built for that. It may be possible, but I'll say no. A clubmaker may say otherwise, in which case you should believe them, naturally.

The hosel is where loft adjustments are made though. It depends on the metal used in the clubhead. I have my own Mitchell L&L; machine and always do my own clubs adjustments, shafting, gripping, etc. Just wasn't sure if the metal used was bendable or not. Well, doesn't matter now cause I am replacing them Friday with the 585.h hybrids. Thanks for everyone's input.

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

The hosel is where loft adjustments are made though. It depends on the metal used in the clubhead. I have my own Mitchell L&L; machine and always do my own clubs adjustments, shafting, gripping, etc. Just wasn't sure if the metal used was bendable or not. Well, doesn't matter now cause I am replacing them Friday with the 585.h hybrids. Thanks for everyone's input.

670forged,

It can be done at most two degrees in any direction. However, you've got to be extremely careful. Fatally damaging the carbon bladder even with the simple act of clamping is a real possibility. I wouldn't advise experimenting on a trusted gamer. Buy a cheap used one to practice on first so you can test out your limits.

GasCan, Thanks. Your right about the carbon fiber, could get damaged easily. As cheap as these are on ebay right now, maybe will pick one up just to experiment. Still am going for those new 585.h hybrids. Thanks again for your help.

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

I replaced my 3&4 irons with the 503.h because they are more like irons than woods. i am trying to get the lofts closer to an actual 3&4 iron lofts. I play the 670 forged irons and feel more comfortable with the slightly larger head. I can hit my 3&4 irons pure 3 out of 5 but the hybrids I can pure 5 out of 5. I gave up the ego trip a year ago and play what brings my scores down. It was once said to me that if you are facing a 210 yard shot over water with a tightly tucked pin, which would you feel more comfortable with, an easy to hit hybrid or a forged blade?

Makes sense. Thanks.

Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

GasCan, Thanks. Your right about the carbon fiber, could get damaged easily. As cheap as these are on ebay right now, maybe will pick one up just to experiment. Still am going for those new 585.h hybrids. Thanks again for your help.

Mike, I'm also a huge fan of the 503.H and contemplated the same question. Please let us know how you fair and whether you have been able to bend them...successfully.

Good luck!

Vancouver, BC CANADA

Driver: 905T 9.5 deg
Fairway Woods: 904F 15 & 19 deg.
Hybrid: FLI-HI CLK 21 deg.Irons: MP-60Wedges: Vokey 52/8, SM 56/14 & SM 60/4Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Bag: S64 StaffBall: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 6468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!