IGNORED

RIP Steve Irwin

ragontona
Note: This thread is 6482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks to this guy, I stopped killing snakes at first site, and gained an appreciation for all wildlife. Every time I'd see a little garden snake or something on the course, I'd pick it up and do a terrible Croc Hunter impression for my buddies.

I'm surprised at how bummed out I am over this loss.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

I remember when I first watched his show on TV. The one thing I'll always remember is his absolutely genuine, infectious enthusiasm for what he did. It was jaw-dropping and awe-inspiring. I'd followed his career even since.

It was a terrible shock to hear about the fatal freak accident. I was in the office at the time and I just froze, stunned. I can't believe this inspirational man is no longer with us.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...3-1702,00.html

• Administrator
I can't believe he and his wife didn't slow down a little bit after having kids. That's not fair, in my opinion.

His wife doesn't even know. She's backpacking in Tazmania or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The below was copied from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Death

Fans leave flowers at the Australia Zoo to mourn Irwin's sudden passing.Shortly after 11:00am local time on 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the chest by a stingray barb, while diving off Queensland's Great Barrier Reef. He had been filming a segment for his daughter Bindi's upcoming television series. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, to be called Ocean's Deadliest, but weather had stalled filming. Irwin decided to take the opportunity to film some shallow water shots for his daughter's television program. Some speculate that a cameraman was in front of the ray when Irwin swam over the animal which may have made the creature feel cornered and threatened. In such a case, the animal responds by automatically flexing the serrated barb on its tail (up to 10" long) upward, as it might to ward off the more common danger of being stepped on. The BBC reported that this was only the second known fatality in Australian history from a stingray attack, while The Age lists it as the third.

The Queensland Police Service notified his family and released a statement for the media concerning his death. News of his death prompted a public outpouring expressing shock and loss. Several Australian news websites went down due to high web traffic and talk-back radio experienced a high volume of callers expressing their grief , commemorating his passion and exuberance. Prime Minister John Howard, among many other politicians, expressed his "shock and distress" at the death, saying that "Australia has lost a wonderful and colourful son.” Steve Irwin's body was flown to a morgue in Cairns, where stunned family and friends were gathering on Monday night. His wife Terri was informed of her husband's death while on a walking tour in Tasmania, and returned to the Sunshine Coast with their two children. He was 44 when he died. Steve Irwin was no doubt the greatest man to ever walk the earth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This truly is a tragedy.

That is sometimes overstated when famous people die, but in this case it's so true.

Did you know that all the money he made/makes from his TV shows and Australia Zoo goes straight back into conservation?

I was at Australia Zoo earlier this year on my honeymoon, and the place is extraordinary - and huge..!!! The staff there show the passion that Steve himself had for all the animals.

I was in such shock when I heard yesterday afternoon. I just hope that they managed to contact Terri before she found out from the TV or by radio.

RIP Steve, a truly inspirational man.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Note: This thread is 6482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!