IGNORED

Putter Fitting

Note: This thread is 5088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought a new putter from Golf Galaxy. They offer custom putter fitting there, and I was hoping it would be free of charge with the new putter purchase, but apparantly it's $20 or $30 for the fitting (I got two different answers when I asked).

Is getting my putter custom fit worth the extra charge? I'm a beginning golfer (been playing about a year), so I don't know if this would be beneficial to do, or just a waste of money.

Ping K15 12* | Ping K15 4h | Callaway Razr X HL Irons 5 - AW | Cleveland 54* and 58* wedges | Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie | Bushnell Neo GPS | Nike M9 Cart Bag

I'm only a year in myself, but I'm thinking at this point spending another thirty bucks to discover that my putter needs to be a degree flat or whatever is the least of my worries.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

I'm only a year in myself, but I'm thinking at this point spending another thirty bucks to discover that my putter needs to be a degree flat or whatever is the least of my worries.

if your goal is to get your handicap down and enjoy the game more (which will come from shooting lower scores) than you'll want to have a putter that fits your stroke.

otherwise, you can keep on playing at 28.0 as long as you want. 30$ on a properly fit putter is the best money you can spend to improve your game.

if your goal is to get your handicap down and enjoy the game more (which will come from shooting lower scores) than you'll want to have a putter that fits your stroke.

thats the most ridiculous misleading thing ive read in awhile.

at 28 h'cap what difference is it going to make if your putter is fitted or not lol. I don't pay a fitted putter...never have. Hell I don't even play a fitted iron set and I'm still hitting my shots on green. Point being, LEARN first then buy the equipment to suit your needs based on what you learn. Don't put so much emphasis on your equipment until you have a consistent putting stroke or swing. You're not getting the benefit of a fitted putter or fitted irons if you can't putt or swing... Take that $30 and get your self a short game lesson to improve your putting stroke. You can get the best fitted equipment you want but if you can't putt, then your game isn't goign anywhere.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

If your new, it's no way worth it. You don't even know what putting style suits you best. You may end up changing your technique several times before you settle on what works for you. I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

That's kind of what I was thinking. I have a short game (putting/chipping) lesson set for tomorrow to hopefully give me some foundation for improvement. Both areas are very inconsistent for me.

Ping K15 12* | Ping K15 4h | Callaway Razr X HL Irons 5 - AW | Cleveland 54* and 58* wedges | Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie | Bushnell Neo GPS | Nike M9 Cart Bag

thats the most ridiculous misleading thing ive read in awhile.

i guess my answer wasn't really complete. i meant that with practice and a few lessons he should be able to have a solid stroke and then having a properly fit putter would help him. i exagerated saying that he'll be stuck at 28 but i know that having a custom fit set of clubs has really helped me play well. i started 1 year and a half ago and i know that a custom fitted putter really helped as my stroke hasn't changed at all since i started

Note: This thread is 5088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!