IGNORED

TM Burner Superfast...shaft recommendations

Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just looking to gauge some opinions on what shaft would be a good combo with this driver head. Its at 9.5. I have no problem with my distance but I would always love to improve that. My biggest problem is my slice. I can tee off and have a monster drive and then following drive with be a monster slice. I need to be more consistently straight with my drives. I also have a brand new Black Widow Silk White grip to go on the driver whenever i decide which shaft to go with.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

try cutting your current shaft down at the butt end before you reshaft it. worked for me.

i have tons more control now, and i didnt actually give up much, if any distance.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Heavier shaft works too or one with a different kick point so it will feel more stable. I have a 69g in my STR8 fit and I love it.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Heavier shaft works too or one with a different kick point so it will feel more stable. I have a 69g in my STR8 fit and I love it.

What shaft are you playing? What do you think would work well with a TM superfast?

taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

My biggest problem is my slice. I can tee off and have a monster drive and then following drive with be a monster slice.

Doesn't really sound like a shaft problem.

The extra-long and superlight shaft in the superfast isn't likely helping your inconsistent swing. Reshafting with a shorter and heavier shaft kills the point of that club.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Doesn't really sound like a shaft problem.

I am getting it regripped I heard/read that a worn out grip can cause the driver to slide open and closed and cause the slice and hook. What do you think my problem is?

I'm playing the SuperFast 9.5* stiff and hitting it pretty good. I might have a over-sized grip put on it since my old driver had one on it. I don't have big hands but it seems to give me more feel and control when I swing.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

I'm playing the UST Avix Core 69 series. I had a TM Burner 09 and switched and the shaft feels better and the overall feel of my tee shots feel more crisp and solid with the Nike.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

I am getting it regripped I heard/read that a worn out grip can cause the driver to slide open and closed and cause the slice and hook. What do you think my problem is?

your swing.

if its a new superfast, i doubt the grip is worn down by now anyway....

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

If money is no object, go for a new Graphite Design AD YSQ+ or a Matrix TPHD7. Then you will have created a demon club, capable of challenging the Hammer X.

BTW, just got the TP version myself. The all black clubhead is SICK...

If money is no object, go for a new Graphite Design AD YSQ+ or a Matrix TPHD7. Then you will have created a demon club, capable of challenging the Hammer X.

Money is not really an option. I wont go out and play like $1000 for a shaft but I dont mind paying for results. I just want to top out my driver in distance and straightness.

Right now there is a Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Shaft on the driver now. It says Taylormade next to the Matrix Ozik logo so i assume its the stock shaft.

The XCon 4.8 is nice. The TP version comes with a Matrix HD6. Keep in mind the effect of kickpoint. If you're hitting the TM too low, try a shaft with a lower kickpoint; too high, a shaft with a higher kickpoint should work. The XCon is a high launch/low spin shaft, the HD6 mid launch/low spin. There are fitting tools available online at shaftfit.com, and, if you go through the "custom fitting" options at golfsmith.com you'll get a big list of shafts to consider. Good luck and have fun!

Note: This thread is 5031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!