IGNORED

Going to Try My Luck at Tobacco Road This Weekend

Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wish me luck.

It's rated as the 13th hardest golf course in the U.S. I played it once before when I was around a 24 handicap, and it kicked my butt.... Now that I'm playing to a 12, I'm going to go give it a try again on Saturday.

Anyone else played this monster?

Hi Bullitt,

I play "TheRoad" about once per month as I live only 30 minutes away. The key to the course (IMO) is to understand (and commit) to your lines off the tee. Despite the perceived difficulty off the tee, the landing spots are very generous. Tobacco Road is a 2nd shot golf course and Mike Stranz (the designer) plays evil-mind-tricks with golfers. Prepare for Tobacco Road by honing your short game and distance control. 50% of the greens require extreme accuracy as landing zones are narrow while the other 50% requires extreme distance control as the landing zones are shallow. Determine your safe zones and play aggressively to them. You will do just fine. :)

Best of luck, enjoy and have fun. It is by far my favorite course in the world!

Worker
In my staff bag
Driver: 907D2 - 9.5° - X100
3-Wood: PT13 - 13° - X300
Irons: MP-33 - 2i - PW - X300
Wedges: Vokey 54° & 58°Putter: Anser - 33" - (Face weighted)Ball: Pro V1x

• iacas changed the title to Going to Try My Luck at Tobacco Road This Weekend
Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!