IGNORED

Teeing off with Irons on Par 3's

zackr
Note: This thread is 4769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Flaming Moe

So then one day it occurred to me: maybe its because its a BROKEN TEE and that the ball is not really as stable as it should be; and when I hit the ball, at the moment of impact, the ball is slightly off balance and my swing is hitting a ball that is moving sideways by like .001 cm, but enough to make a difference.

A ball moving because you're using a broken tee seems odd enough.    To have it move just at the time of impact, about 1/3 of a millisecond, seems even stranger.      But really, you think your ball striking is actually affected by a ball movement of .001cm, about 1/10th the thickness of a human hair?      We should all be in total awe of how finely tuned your swing is.....

For me castle tees helped tenfold. I started off trying to hit my irons off regular tees which I put in to where I thought was correct and that's clearly not going to be perfectly the same each time so I moved to castle tees. I started off trying to hit 12mm red castle tees with my irons until I realised I was hitting under them and losing distance and accuracy so I moved over to 7mm orange castle tees and saw an immediate improvement.

May not work for everyone but worked for me.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 4769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!