IGNORED

Greetings and Salutations

daxc
Note: This thread is 4910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been lurking here for a while and am starting to come out a bit more and join the discussions. Great community from what I've seen.

I"m 33 now and my golf playing has been a series of starts and stops all my life. I first learned when I was around 10 and played a lot for the summers during that time as my mom could drop me at the country club and I could play while she and my sister sat around the pool. I quit in my teens and started again briefly when I first got to college, then quit again for the last 10 or so years until last year when I jumped back out with my father-in-law on the annual trip to St. Simon's. I don't know what was different this time, but I've been crazy addicted ever since. In a good week I'll go play 5 times, in a bad week only 3.

My handicap took a big dip at the end of last season, from close to 30 down into the mid teens (15 or so) but at the start of this season I took a set of lessons and ever since it's been rising steadily while I try to put the pieces back together. I'm playing to a 17 right now according to oobgolf.com.

Anyway, I enjoy the forum here and the variety of opinions and I look forward to getting to know more people. I have tons of bonehead questions, but I'm a firm believer that people don't say "I don't know" enough. We're all conditioned to feel like we have to know everything and "I don't know" has become a bad thing it seems. There's a ton of stuff I don't know and the only way I'll learn it is if I ask, so I do.

Sounds like you're here for the right reasons, so welcome you'll fit it well.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Note: This thread is 4910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!