IGNORED

Weighted Putters

Note: This thread is 6230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got a "Heavy Putter Matte Series Putter" for Christmas, and absolutely fell in love with it. It just has a great feel in my hands. It feels a whole lot better than my old putter Does anyone else use a weighted putter?

David Ditto
In The Bag
Driver- Bridgestone Precept EC Fuel 420cc Driver
Woods- TaylorMade Vsteel Fairway Woods
Irons-Affinity ATS Hybrid IronsWedge- Wilson 60° Harmonized Black WedgePutter-Heavy Putter Matte Series PutterShoes- Nike SP3 Golf ShoesHome Course- River Run Golf...

my cameron is 30 grams heavier.. does that count??

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

my cameron is 30 grams heavier.. does that count??

lol, i guess. but I'm talking about real weighted putters. have you ever tried one aquacooled?

David Ditto
In The Bag
Irons-Affinity ATS Hybrid IronsWedge- Wilson 60° Harmonized Black WedgePutter-Heavy Putter Matte Series PutterShoes- Nike SP3 Golf ShoesHome Course- River Run Golf...

I just got a "Heavy Putter Matte Series Putter" for Christmas, and absolutely fell in love with it. It just has a great feel in my hands. It feels a whole lot better than my old

My trial last spring with a weighted putter wasn't positive... (i forgot the exact model, it was a Ping with a great big head and head cover).. just couldn't get the distance consistent even after hours on the putting green. Sticking with my Cameron Circa'62...guess I'm just comfortable with it.

Currently Playing:
Driver: Custom Bang-O-Matic 460 9*, GD YS6+ Stiff
3Wood: Firesole
Hybrid: Rescue 17*
3 - PW: MX-23Wedges: Vokey: SM60.08 (OC), SM56.10 (OC), 252.08 (TC)Putter: Cameron Circa'62 No.2Ball: HXTourHome Course: MacGregor Downs CC, Cary, NC

My trial last spring with a weighted putter wasn't positive... (i forgot the exact model, it was a Ping with a great big head and head cover).. just couldn't get the distance consistent even after hours on the putting green. Sticking with my Cameron Circa'62...guess I'm just comfortable with it.

I hear ya man, once you find a putter you like, you stick with it!

David Ditto
In The Bag

i tried some of the weighted puttes and didn't like them. I was set on the odyssey 2-ball SRT, but tried the scotty cameron futra phantom offset mallet. and for how big it is, it is accually kind of light.

lol, i guess. but I'm talking about real weighted putters. have you ever tried one aquacooled?

Ya I have tried one takes some getting use to, but in end the head shape or optic just doesnt match with my tastes..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

like I said, once you find a putter you like, ya stick with it!
David Ditto
In The Bag

My putter has what I believe is a belly putter head on a 33" or so shaft and it is just right for me. It is a bit heavier giving it a more solid feel without being overly heavy. I did like the Heavy Putter very much when I played around with it at Golf Galaxy, but it did take some getting used to. I was afraid the extra weight would have me knocking balls across the store so I was very, very tentative at first. But once you get the hang of it it is pretty sweet.

I may try a heavier grip and/or a weight in the butt end and perhaps some tungsten powder down the bottom of the shaft just to boost it up a bit more, but I need to get a swing weight scale first before I mess with it.

• 3 months later...
I don't think most of the responses in this thread were on the mark about "weighted putters". It's being able to alter the weight within a minute and changing the entire feel/performance of the putter

I use a WEIGHTED PUTTER and so does Vijay Singh. This is what I use:

http://www.raycookgolf.com/raycook/supergyro.html

Vijay uses a Never Compromise that has removable and interchangable weights as well as a couple of other tour players. Here is his, it's a GM2 Exchange mallet:

http://www.nevercompromise.com/nevercompromise.html

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...6&select2;=9611

What it gives you the ability to do is take it from as light as a feather to as heavy as he!l along with changing the center of gravity to either high or low for slow/fast greens to get the ball to roll better. These babies are super.

I just got a "Heavy Putter Matte Series Putter" for Christmas, and absolutely fell in love with it. It just has a great feel in my hands. It feels a whole lot better than my old

I have one, too. I LOVE IT! The bane of my golf existence was the 4-6 ft putt...not anymore! The pendulum stroke really is helped by the weight of the putter and how it is distributed.

On the longish putts 25 ft and further, I had to get used to the weight and gauging distance. I had to change my putting grip and stance, by opening up my stance (which you should to anyway on any long putts) and switched to a baseball grip vs. the overlap I use for shorter putts.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Note: This thread is 6230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!