IGNORED

Steel Shafts on Woods

seppo
Note: This thread is 6331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I suddenly got some money and guess what...
I am going to spend it for golf equipment!

I dont have woods so I plan to buy some, and really like the Titleist PTs.
But before i buy them i wanted to know what you have heard about these woods with a steel shaft on them.

I really do love the look of a steel shafted club but on the other hand i am not so sure if it is very clever.

The adila shaft will probably be ok. Is there any major diffrence between an adila and steel shaft (the weight obviously)?

Is steel more accurate or is the extra length you gain with graphite to valuable?

My average swing speed is (only measured with a 4 iron) 93 mph is that to slow for a steel wood?

Thx for your help in advance

WitB

R7 Superquad 10.5
R7 Steel 3 Fw
2 Iron Rescue Dual MP 60 3-PW Vokey SM 56.10 Vokey SM 60.08 White Hot XG # 9

I suddenly got some money and guess what...

Seppo,

Which Pro-Trajectory are you talking about, the 10 year old woods? Or the new 906 fairway woods that have just come out? There is no need to play steel in woods any more these days. With heavy weight graphite available that is able to mimic the properties of steel in a lighter weight, steel in woods is dead. Whatever shaft you decide to play, it is important to pick a bend profile that fits your swing and needs. The Aldila NV is a tip and mid stiff shaft which is butt soft that suits a smooth swinger with a very late release of their wrist cock and a smooth transition. It's not the best shaft for most players. Titleist has a wide variety of great custom options, so get to a fitter and find a shaft that will fit your swing and game the best.

Steel shafts in woods seem to be on the way out. The distance gained by graphite shafts in woods is more valuable than some loss of accuracy to most players. With irons, steel is still more prevalent as the desire is for accuracy as opposed to distance, which just needs to be known for each club.

Note: This thread is 6331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!