IGNORED

New poster from Texas

Note: This thread is 4783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Though I've been on here a few days now, thought it might be best to introduce myself to the group.

I'm from Texas, and when I play regularly, usually play to about a 5-8 handicap, though my lowest index was 2.6. I've played the game since I was a teenager, though I had clubs in my hand at around 3 or 4 years of age. Grew up a fan of Jack Nicklaus and have remained a fan of his my entire life. Although in reading the stories of Ben Hogan have come to admire the kind of player he was, and all that he fought thru to become the great player that he did.

You'll find me to be brutally honest when it comes to my views on players, courses, and the game itself. I believe this to be a gentleman's game, believe the players to be human and not robots, but also don't believe the players are role models.

I love the majors, especially The Masters and U.S. Open. My dream course is Pebble Beach and a close 2nd is Augusta.

Note: This thread is 4783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!