IGNORED

Martial Arts and Golf

ipark1303
Note: This thread is 6290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been practising Taekwondo for many years (My father actually brought it in Italy).

Taekwondo is the Korean Martial art that uses hand and legs. It has become an Olympic sport in 2000.

I personally believe that martial arts like Taekwondo can help you play Golf better for several reasons.

The major reasons of my assertion are based on 1. the mental training that brings you to focus and concentrate before an action (either with a kick or a punch); 2. the enormous amount of stretching that you need to practise in order to be fit, because all the techniques are executed as fast as possible but still powerful.

You really want to consider martial arts rather than going to a regular gym with weightlifting machines.
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I learned Jiujitsu while I was in the Army and have kept it up... the stretching and core muscle strength that comes from it has no doubt been a benefit to my game.

I lift weights too though, but not to get HUGE - just more to stay toned and fit.
Light weights and lots of reps.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

Right on. I'm a blackbelt in Taekwondo but I haven't trained in years. I was as serious as you could get and went tothe junior olympics back in 1996. I don't know how much TKD would help my golf game now, but I know with other sports the balance you learn from martial arts was the most beneficial.

Note: This thread is 6290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!