IGNORED

06 Big Bertha's vs X-20's

Note: This thread is 6271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i am going to but some clubs,I am pretty much sold on callaway's(economic reasons) which on of these 2 would you pick? I plan to buy soon.Help me out.

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

Either are Great choices.
The berthas are a Super game improvement club
while the x-20s are more of a Game improvement club.
So do you want workability or forgivness??
I just bought a set a set of berthas and there great clubs.
But the x-20 are also great clubs.

In the Bag

FT-3 10* Draw
Big Bertha 04 3 wood 15*
Heavenwood Hybrid 2H 17* Big Bertha 06 irons 3-SW White Hot XG #1 Putter Fusion Tour Staff Bag Hx Tour BallI'm a bit of a junky

Both are excellent clubs. However if you are price sensitive maybe BB's might me slightly cheaper? But if you don't mind spending a few $ more then I guess X-20 would be the choice. I personally like the X series (especially the woods) and I am also thinking about replacing my Taylormade Rescue Dual with X-hybrid due to their Variable Face Technology. The ball really jumps off the face... Currently using X Fairway and can't wait till I try the X Forged. Anyway, you won't go wrong with either of the clubs you are planning to get so I guess it depends on your budget, personal preference of the look and the feel and correct choice of shafts. Good luck.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

What made you pick the BB's and not the X-20's?

Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

Both are excellent clubs. However if you are price sensitive maybe BB's might me slightly cheaper? But if you don't mind spending a few $ more then I guess X-20 would be the choice. I personally like the X series (especially the woods) and I am also thinking about replacing my Taylormade Rescue Dual with X-hybrid due to their Variable Face Technology. The ball really jumps off the face... Currently using X Fairway and can't wait till I try the X Forged. Anyway, you won't go wrong with either of the clubs you are planning to get so I guess it depends on your budget, personal preference of the look and the feel and correct choice of shafts. Good luck.

that sounds good to me,still don't know yet.

To pick one I would choose X-20 because both are forgiving clubs. Since your handicap is high right now it wouldn't really matter which club you choose but if you think long term you would like the X-20 better as you enter the mid handicap region. My one cent opinion is that you get the X-20 and you will be able to use it for at least 3-5 years without having to change in the future. Also after that getting lessons is very important. However if you choose BB's you might not like it as you improve your game further in the future. Another option is to get a real cheap set until you have a decent swing. Hope this helps.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

To pick one I would choose X-20 because both are forgiving clubs. Since your handicap is high right now it wouldn't really matter which club you choose but if you think long term you would like the X-20 better as you enter the mid handicap region. My one cent opinion is that you get the X-20 and you will be able to use it for at least 3-5 years without having to change in the future. Also after that getting lessons is very important. However if you choose BB's you might not like it as you improve your game further in the future. Another option is to get a real cheap set until you have a decent swing. Hope this helps.

I think that you are right. I would like to think that my handicap is so high because I don't get to play enough. I would like to think that the more that I play the lower it'll go. Maybe I just go with the x-20's.

I tried the berthas and liked them.
they're a good club and have been for years.
But both are great
I got the berthas because I'm just getting back into golf and want more forgiveness
But X20s are better if you are a better player, yet they are still forgiving clubs.
But what ever you do go with remember
Your buying Callaway so you know your getting good stuff!!!

In the Bag

FT-3 10* Draw
Big Bertha 04 3 wood 15*
Heavenwood Hybrid 2H 17* Big Bertha 06 irons 3-SW White Hot XG #1 Putter Fusion Tour Staff Bag Hx Tour BallI'm a bit of a junky

I tried the berthas and liked them.

Thanks for the input!! I think that you guys should keep giving me advice. This is really helpful!

Note: This thread is 6271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!