IGNORED

Hi from Sugar Land, Texas

NuclearMike
Note: This thread is 4807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, everyone.  I've been hanging around here for a few months now and just realized that I never introduced myself.  I'm Mike and started playing when I was 8 years old.  I played with my late Dad that first round and shot 64 for 9 holes with a par on a par 3 and I've been hooked ever since.  I had to leave the game for 10 years or so as my wife acquired a terminal illness (Lupus) and I just didn't have the time I used to have to spend on golf.  Between her MD office visits, trips to the hospital, and a full time job there just wasn't much time left for me.  Now, I'm don't want to sound like I'm complaining here.  What I do to help her is by choice, not just by necessity.

Anyway, I hired some help at the house and have a little time for me again (I still work 50 + hours a week including every weekend, though) and have gotten back into the game.  I bought some new clubs (Nickent Evolver driver, hybrids, Wilson Staff Di9 irons) and am enjoying the game almost as much as I did when I was playing multiple times a week.  The new clubs sure are long and forgiving compared to what I used to play!  I'm now limited to hitting the range a couple of times a week on my days off (I always loved to practice anyway) and trying to find the time to hit the course.  I've been out three times in the four months I've been back into golf, each round better than the last but none of them up to my expectations. It will just take some time.  Some days I think that I'm getting some of the old muscle memory back and other times I think that my muscles have Alzheimer's disease and don't have a clue what they're supposed to do, but I still enjoy every day that I'm golfing or practicing better than the days I spend working.  I enjoy reading what other people post on this site and occasionally will put in my two cents worth, but I'm more often just hanging out.  I appreciate the site and the chance to participate.  Thanks for listening.

Hey NuclearMike! Interesting story you have. Man do you ever need to slow down with the work and take more time for golf! I know, easier said than done! I am in construction and I have to roll when then work is there, so I understand where you are coming from. Cool avatar you have, I'm sure there is an interesting story behind it! I am follicly challenged myself. I am going to guess that it means grass doesn't grow on a busy street! LOL

Anyway, Glad to have you aboard and look forward to updates on your progress.

Note: This thread is 4807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!