IGNORED

Should I invest in a new driver shaft?

Note: This thread is 4404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So recently my driver head has come off the shaft from me leaving my clubs in my car during some very cold weather, which broke the epoxy.

Anyway. The driver in question is a bastard club, that I got an excellent deal on through craigslist. A Burner superfast 1.0 with an R9 motore shaft in it.

Now obviously the most simple route would just be to have it reattached.

Having never played any real aftermarket graphite shafts in any of my clubs (all my woods and hybrids have stock shafts), is this a real worthwhile venture for me? I play to an estimated 11-12 handicap and usually shoot mid 80's.

My current ballflight with the superfast 9.5* is like a medium/low cut that usually ends up about 260-270 yds out. Sometimes the cut turns into....well...you know.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what experiences sandtrappers have had with their first aftermarket shafts, specifically driver shafts in regards to how they actually affect your game.

I've found a few shafts I'm interested in:

Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ

and

Grafalloy Prolaunch Red

No.

If you are driving that well with the current shaft, you have virtually nothing to gain in this.

Put your extra $$$ into a couple lessons on your short game.

You should be breaking 80 within a couple of weeks.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

So recently my driver head has come off the shaft from me leaving my clubs in my car during some very cold weather, which broke the epoxy.

Originally Posted by Old1964

Put your extra $$$ into a couple lessons on your short game.

Put your extra $$$ into a good 2 part epoxy that won't break.  I leave clubs out in my unheated garage all winter, -30 to -40 degrees Celsius, and have never seen what you describe.  Sounds like someone just glued the shaft in with some crappy regular old glue.

I would definitely look into a custom fit shaft. Atleast get your specs figured out because who knows the shaft you have might be just fine, but if you are going to have to do some work to your driver anyways then might as well be your specs. That way you can start looking for shafts. Properly fitted shaft could help turn that push/slice into a better ball flight and more down the middle. Nothing to loose IMO.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Note: This thread is 4404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!