IGNORED

What irons would you suggest

Note: This thread is 6182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For a 10-12 Capper.

My Likes:

Titleist 755 & 775
Srixon I-506
Adam's Idea Pro's
Wishon 560MC's
or
Callaway X-20 Tours

Why?
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

Have you looked at the R7 TP yet?

I like the Srixon and the Titleist out of your list. But seriously give the Taylor Mades a quick look. The R7 TP are player irons that are forgiving.

Mike

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

I like the x-20 tours. I think they're a good balance of forgiveness and playability. I ordered mine with DG S300 shafts though, I demoed the Rifle Flighted on 3 different occasions at the driving range and never could get any feel out of them. Even the 5.0 felt like a broomstick.

For a 10-12 Capper.

Seeing that you are a 10-12 handicap and above is your only choices I would recommend the Titleist (either one) or the Srixon I-506 (forged irons?). Why? becuase I think you will be able to wrok the ball better with these clubs. However, I think any of these are quality irons. I guess it will come down to which one when you put it in your hands feel like you can hit it.

PS Nice avatar...anyone you know? Also I see you are from Florida. Where abouts? I live in Tampa.

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I personally have the X20 Tour, I am a higher Handicap than you but will say that I love them greatly. I have the rifle 5.5 shaft which fits my 85 MPH swingspeed greatly. It did take a bit of getting used to though. I am just now looking for the workability in my game though. They make my old clubs feel like shovels. My game actually improved with the newer clubs.

These are all top quality clubs, and I tried all but the Wishon. The Callaways fit my swing the best, so they are the ones I got. Just remember that your swing will determine what to buy, as long as you are looking at top shelf clubs.

I just bought the Titleist 735.cm and you and I are the same handicap. I love them. I'm hitting them about 5 to 10 yards further than my old DCI but have more control. My last three rounds - since I bought the clubs - have all been below my handicap.

Seeing that you are a 10-12 handicap and above is your only choices I would recommend the Titleist (either one) or the Srixon I-506 (forged irons?). Why? becuase I think you will be able to wrok the ball better with these clubs. However, I think any of these are quality irons. I guess it will come down to which one when you put it in your hands feel like you can hit it.

That's our Nanny/Housekeeper's PIC from last years vacation. Now you know why my wife will never bring her again. I'm right next door to Cheval, in Calusa Trace. Are you familiar? Phil
In The Bag

Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

I just bought the Titleist 735.cm and you and I are the same handicap. I love them. I'm hitting them about 5 to 10 yards further than my old DCI but have more control. My last three rounds - since I bought the clubs - have all been below my handicap.

Aren't those irons hard to hit? What else did you demo before deciding on those? -PLo
In The Bag

Have you looked at the R7 TP yet?

I have a set I'm playing now. 5-iron thru PW, W/DGS-300. Great irons.

In The Bag

Aren't those irons hard to hit?

I wouldn't say they're hard to hit, but you better put a real solid swing on them if you want the desired performance. I just bought a set of X-Tour's to replace my 735's. IMO if you are a 10 (as I am) then you are going to want something a little more forgiving, unless iron play is really your strong suit.

I would take a good hard look at the X-Tours and X20-Tours. I preferred the appearance of last year's X-Tour to the X20-Tour. Ball flight and performance were similar, it was more of a visual appeal decision for me to go with the X-Tour.
In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

Aren't those irons hard to hit?

I hit all the Tileists, but they all felt a little clunky to me. Did not hit any Callaway's - I just don't like the look - and hit the Taylor Made R7s and Mizuno MP-60.

I'm having no problems hitting them. I'm pretty good from 7-iron in and those are the bladed ones. The 6, 5 and 4 that I'm carrying are much more reliable for me. I will say, these are the first clubs I've had fitted and that may have something to do with my results, but I really love looking at that set in my bag.

can anyone tell me the differences between 804 and 775s? other than the 775s being an upgrade? is it worth the money to purchase 775s over 804s?
In My X-87 Bag:

Driver: 907 D2 10.5° (YS-6+ R)
3-Wood: 906 F2 (YS-6+ S)
Hybrid: 585H 19° (YS-6+ S)Irons: 735.CM 4-PW (DG R300)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM.56°, SM.60°Putter: Circa '62 #2

Note: This thread is 6182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!