IGNORED

shoulder turn, the magic secret?

quick
Note: This thread is 6185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok so i started playing golf last september and never had any lessons. i was always very inconsistent and would go through phases of hitting slices and then hooks and sometimes straight. earlier this year i was kind of straightening my shots out and it was longer than average but still very inconsistent. ive read tons of magazines and watched golf channel and other videos and information on the internet and i tried to implement all the things ive been told and read but it was missing the most crucial part, the shoulder turn and rotation of the hips. just last weekend i started doing this and my shots are longer and straighter than ever and the key part, i can hit it consistently.

my swing was basically all arms and a lateral weight transfer. right before i started the shoulder turn, i would have a huge slice and i spent everyday at the range for a week trying to figure it out. i tried every possible thing ive seen and read on slices but nothing helped. now that i turn my shoulders and rotate hips, i don't have to think about anything, i just turned my shoulders and uncoil and my clubhead magically gets square at impact and i generate lots of speed.

it seems too easy and i wish someone had told me this earlier but i can probably blame myself for not taking lessons but i never really see people making a big deal about shoulder turns in magazines or other material ive read.

congrats.. thats a crucial step in golf to take when your beginning is hitting it straight. I know this will lower your scores and make you a better golfer. Its always more fun when you hit it straight!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 6185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!