IGNORED

One of those days

Lbob
Note: This thread is 6176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This Sunday I went to my local course to hit some balls. The place was deserted. Probably because the forecast had predicted that it was going to be cold wet and rainy. Well it was sunny and warm. The pro said if I wanted to play I could hop right on. Well I decided that this was natures way of telling me to play so I took him up on it. I had one of the best rounds I've had all year.

What distinguished it was putting. It was almost as if I could actually see a little railroad on the green. All I had to do was put the ball on the rails. I usually use a line on the ball to help me putt, but I didn't feel like I needed it. I honestly felt like I was going to make every putt from inside 20 feet, and I darn near made a couple of 40 foot snakes. Inside 10 feet I only missed once. I let my wrist turn over and missed a 4 footer for par. I had four up-and-downs which I think is a personal best.

This is the second time this year I've had a round like this. I hope it's an omen of things to come. 33 putts is my personal best. Course I did have 2 3-putts so there is room for improvement. But even the 3-putts were forgivable. One was from 60 feet, and the other was a long double-breaker that was right up against the fringe. I had to baby it a little because if I went a little long it would go off the green.

Robert Reid

In the bag:

Driver Cobra M/F Speed3 Cleveland LauncherCleveland Halo 2i Nike CPR 23 degree5-PW Mizuno MX 23 (graphite shafts)56 degree SW Mizuno MT

I love those days. I had a match 1 month ago in high school it was divisionals, and I shot a 38 on the front. And on the back I started off bad with a bogey. Then that got me thinking, but you can't think far ahead in golf so I bogeyed the 11th and then I short sided my self leaving my second shot short on the 12th. So I chipped on made my 10 ft put for par haha. THen the next hole, missed the green chipped on 1 putted for par. That happened the whole back nine. I earned the nick name Jake Scramble Mugge from a kid on 1 of the 3 different high schools. (Jake Mugge is my name, scramble was the nickname.)

Then on the 18th was a par 5, I hit a good drive hit a second shot lay up chipped on 15 ft away. This green was heavily sloped back to front and guess where I put it? Above the hole, and these greens were running 10 on the stimp meter I missed it and went 6 ft by. Now for my 79 I had to make this testy right to left put for par. I made it and shot 79.

2nd round of divisionals, I shot 75 to make First team all Wesco.

Note: This thread is 6176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!