IGNORED

Spanish Golf Courses

Note: This thread is 4471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I now live mainly in Spain and have been putting together some course reviews for my golfing holiday business.

I have reviewed 12 courses up to now with the 1st brief review published below.

I hope you find it useful and informative.

La Marquesa Golf Club
La Marquesa golf course located in the Costa Blanca South is an 18 hole par 72 being designed by Justo Quesada Samper opening in 1989.
It has been improved many times over the years and now measures 6,115 metres from the white tees, 5,971 metres and 5,098 metres from the yellow and red tees respectively.

La Marquesa golf course being within a flat valley is fairly tight in places with water hazards and out of bounds close to a number of fairways and hence caution and good course management are a necessity.
With the exception of the 570 metre 18th hole the par 5’s are in reach with two good shots for the bigger hitters. The par 3 holes are not overly long, although finding the green and the right part of the green on the 15th hole can be difficult with a water hazard immediately behind the elevated sloping green.
At first glance this course is there for the taking but beware because danger lurks close to many fairways and greens and your score can quickly escalate. Without doubt the key to success on La Marquesa golf course is to hit the fairways with accurately placed tee off shots allowing better views and easier access onto the greens.
The hazards on this course are mainly down the right hand side of the fairways consisting of numerous river beds, with bunkers guarding many of the greens. La Marquesa is a course where length of shot is not important but accuracy is, the back nine being more difficult than the opening nine.
The real difficulty of the course lays in the greens, with complicated and undulating slopes requiring skilled putting. In addition there are a variety of ramps, blind holes, protected holes, bunkers, streams and two lakes.
The extraordinary design make La Marquesa a challenging golf course that players of all levels will enjoy. Those with a shorter drive capability can hone their short game focusing more so on accuracy rather than distance and will almost certainly opt for an iron club off the tees although the big hitters can test there power strokes and aim for the greens with a single wood drive.
Being one of the shorter Costa Blanca golf courses but with numerous obstructions it has been gradually developed to focus on accuracy rather than distance for a challenging but truly enjoyable round of golf. Caution and club selection are paramount so that your ball doesn’t find the many hazards or a watery grave.
Further reviews will follow but if anyone wants a specific Course review, please say hello and I will research and publish the info for you.
Cheers
Stuart (AKA Golfnumpty)

Note: This thread is 4471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!