IGNORED

Hello, had my first lesson today

andre66
Note: This thread is 4434 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi there, I'm new to golf , only played 18 holes once and that was on my stag 16 years ago. I guess I've been too a driving range 2-3 times since but haven't touched a golf club in the last five years. My friend recently started playing and he seems to enjoy it so I thought it was time to give it a proper go so I booked a lesson to learn how to swing properly. When I got to the shop the pro fit me to a proper sized club, used a 5 iron, and he proceeded to show me how to grip correctly. It was quite productive, he broke everything down for me and made it a great experience, I can't imagine trying to learn all the things involved in swinging a club properly without some guidance. Looking forward to going to a driving range to get some practice in over the next couple of weeks then go back for another lesson. Andre

Originally Posted by andre66

Hi there,

I'm new to golf , only played 18 holes once and that was on my stag 16 years ago. I guess I've been too a driving range 2-3 times since but haven't touched a golf club in the last five years.

My friend recently started playing and he seems to enjoy it so I thought it was time to give it a proper go so I booked a lesson to learn how to swing properly. When I got to the shop the pro fit me to a proper sized club, used a 5 iron, and he proceeded to show me how to grip correctly.

It was quite productive, he broke everything down for me and made it a great experience, I can't imagine trying to learn all the things involved in swinging a club properly without some guidance.

Looking forward to going to a driving range to get some practice in over the next couple of weeks then go back for another lesson.

Andre

Congratulations for starting this game the correct way, you are a smart person, you will be a good golfer faster than the majority that try to figure this game out on their own. Besides the exception of Bubba Watson virtually every great player started learning this game from the start like you.

Note: This thread is 4434 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!