IGNORED

Scramble Tournament

hjimzaf
Note: This thread is 6164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My squadron (I'm in the Air Force) held its biannual golf tourney today. It was a 4 man scramble format. It had 2 nice little add ons to it. Each team member could purchase 5 mulligans to use during the round. Also each team was given about 10 feet of string that was used to finish any close shots or putts. For example, if you're putting for birdie and miss it by 3 inches, you would cut off 3 inches of string and mark down a birdie. My team won with a score of 10 under.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Sounds like fun. I've played in a few "string" tournaments before but it's been a while.

I played in a scramble tourney a couple weeks ago where each team got one throw and kick of the ball per side. The throw or kick didn't count as a stroke, you just got to play the ball where it ended up. They didn't carry over so you had to use them on that side or lose them. That was kind of interesting too.

We used one throw to eagle a 585 yd. par 5. One of the guys smoked a drive and I hit a 3 wood to about 30 yds. just in front of the green. Another one of the guys tossed the ball to about 10 ft. and we made the putt.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I played in a scramble tourney a couple weeks ago where each team got one throw and kick of the ball per side. The throw or kick didn't count as a stroke, you just got to play the ball where it ended up. They didn't carry over so you had to use them on that side or lose them. That was kind of interesting too.

i like that. i might have to suggest that for the next tourney.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Note: This thread is 6164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!