IGNORED

My Swing (Alex7391)

Alex7391
Note: This thread is 4204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The title says it all. I haven't been playing for a very long time, however I have never struggled with a slice until recently. Not sure what I need to do..... [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p6r2gIQiOM&feature;=youtube_gdata_player[/VIDEO] ^ my swing

Hello Alex,

I am in no-way a professional, so my words are....just that words and thoughts

Anyway, I feel that I have gone through a similar problem.  First I would check your grip, then make sure your club head is not opening before contact.

A temporary or permanent way to solve this issue is to have the bottom edge of your drivers face touching the ground at the start of your backswing.  Or another way to describe it -  have the very bottom tip of your driver's face touching the ground - which should make the butt end of the drivers tip to become pointed up (how much it should be pointed up is a trial and error thing you'll have to work on) ; in the video you have the butt of the drive just sitting down.  So set up as normal and just twist the club a bit in your normal stance and swing through.

This will help you hit them much straighter... as long as you keep your swing on plane.

If this works for you than you may not be rotating your wrist enough during your downswing.  I would shoot some video to show your arms, hips and wrist during the downswing. Something major to note , if you start rotating your wrists properly than you'll start hitting line drives with the above information; once line drives start this is the indicator to start swing the old way.

Let me know if this makes any sense and if it helps in any way shape or form...if not then no harm no foul.

two suggestions. Get some video from the caddie few. I would also find something that can play the video in slow motion. I've seen people post links that will show how to do this.

As for what you have recorded, it looks like your tempo is off. your hips are almost done with their motion by time your arms move. I wonder if you're forcing the arms through there leaving your hands open at contact.

Other than that I didn't see much that looked wrong. But this is also coming from someone that just picked up the game this year, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Note: This thread is 4204 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!