IGNORED

First post +advice needed on NC/SC golf

Note: This thread is 4350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was lucky enough to score some Monday practice round tickers to the masters, so I'm going to take my dad over the week before (probably flying into Charlotte). We are both around 9-12 handicaps, but he is really regressing on his distance with age (62). I just got serious after moving onto a golf course two years ago. I'm shooting low 80s on my home course but am set to breakthrough next year especially on putting. So I was thinking about taking him out to a three day golf school out in NC or SC before the masters. After taking lessons I see that his short game fundamentals could really use some work and make him a much, much better player even hitting it shorter. I was thinking maybe school at Pinehurst (but its pretty expensive), Dana Rader School in Charlotte, or maybe out in Hilton Head. Anyone have any advice on what to do or not to do? Are the schools worth the investment or are they really for 15-20-25 handicappers? Any courses that are "must plays" while we are out there?

I believe there are also schools at Kiawah, Pine Needles, and one in Greensboro that might work. This is going to be hard not to just go play a handful of great courses instead of going to an all inclusive school. but I sure want him to get a chance to get some real coaching before its too late; he's never had a lesson.

Note: This thread is 4350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!