IGNORED

Good cheap courses in St Paul area

Note: This thread is 4087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

I am wondering if there are some good cheap courses in the St Paul area.

I have found 1 or 2 near Stillwater and White Bear Lake, but looking for ones closer to St Paul.

By cheap I am looking for around 10-20 for 9 holes.

Thanks,

Played one near Blain, MN in the greater St. Paul area this summer. It was cheap and short - an old country club. Of course, I remembered all that when I saw your post, but couldn't remember the name of the place.  Sigh.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Plenty of good municipal golf in the Twin Cities.  Around St. Paul area, I'd go for the UofM course (they also have a great driving range), Keller (old Championship course with challenging layout, and Como is ok too.

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

Originally Posted by Old1964

Played one near Blain, MN in the greater St. Paul area this summer. It was cheap and short - an old country club. Of course, I remembered all that when I saw your post, but couldn't remember the name of the place.  Sigh.

Probably "Majestic Oaks" - I'd like to play there, I have a friend that lives minutes away and I'm sure I'll try it this year.

If the original poster wants to go East a bit - there's a ton of very nice little courses into Wisconsin.  I'm very fond of Pheasant Hills (Hammond Wisconsin).  It's very new and when the trees grow up it'll be a sweet and cheap course.  Lots more.

You can't really swing a dead cat in the Twin Cities area without hitting a lot of courses.  Google is his friend.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!