IGNORED

drills to get hands in front of ball at impact

Note: This thread is 3963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Chris,

I am suffering from the same problem and have done a decent amount of research to remediate the problem.

I found two drills that have helped keeping the hands in front of the ball/clubhead at impact.

1 - I put a long skinny dowel (got it from home depot) into the end of my grip - effectively lengthening the shaft. I would then chip or take 1/2 to 3/4 swings and make sure that the stick (an extension of the shaft) did not touch my body. It touched my body when I scooped. This drill was the first to help me get the feel for hands in front of ball/clubhead at impact.

2 - on the range I have been addressing the ball as if I am striking it. Instead of adressing the ball normally, I address it with my weight on my front foot, hands at the front pocket (my target location) and my hips open. From there I started out making a full swing at 1/2 speed, then 3/4 speed then full speed.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you found anything since your post.

Sam

Note: This thread is 3963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!