IGNORED

Titleist SureFit Chart Explanation

Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by deronsizemore

Thanks. I think that make sense. So for example, on the fitting chart, if I were to go from A1 to A4, I'm closing the face 1.5 degrees with the tool. So then, if were to take the club and square it up with my hands by rolling the face open a little, that's equating to a loft change of +1.5. But this only applies when actually rolling the face one way or the other after adjustment, correct? If I have an 8.5° driver and  I adjust it from A1 to A4, it's closing the face 1.5 degrees. If I then don't re-open the face and square it back up, then it's still 8.5°. Only when I roll the face a little to square it will it have the additional 1.5° of loft?

Yep you got it. The tool allows you to make face angle (same as lie angle) adjustments without changing the loft. With your hands you also change loft whenever you change the face angle.

So if you make an adjustment with the tool, and then counter that adjustment by rolling the face open or shut a little to square it you end up making the opposite loft change to what you'd otherwise expect when talking about opening or closing the face.

Originally Posted by Mordan

Yep you got it. The tool allows you to make face angle (same as lie angle) adjustments without changing the loft. With your hands you also change loft whenever you change the face angle.

So if you make an adjustment with the tool, and then counter that adjustment by rolling the face open or shut a little to square it you end up making the opposite loft change to what you'd otherwise expect when talking about opening or closing the face.

Makes sense now. I guess I was just under the impression that the tool allowed for a loft AND face change, when that's not true, obviously. So, I kept thinking in my head: "How in the world can I add loft and yet close the face at the same time?"

So, for all intents and purposes, the face angle doesn't even come into play unless you don't roll the club after adjustment. So if I need a little higher initial launch, then I need to set it to A4, roll the face so it's square (usually hover my driver anyway) and I'm good.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by deronsizemore

Makes sense now. I guess I was just under the impression that the tool allowed for a loft AND face change, when that's not true, obviously. So, I kept thinking in my head: "How in the world can I add loft and yet close the face at the same time?"

So, for all intents and purposes, the face angle doesn't even come into play unless you don't roll the club after adjustment. So if I need a little higher initial launch, then I need to set it to A4, roll the face so it's square (usually hover my driver anyway) and I'm good.

Thanks again.

You can also make loft adjustments using the tool that don't change the face angle. I think the options are +0.75 and +1.5 degrees of loft.

Originally Posted by Mordan

You can also make loft adjustments using the tool that don't change the face angle. I think the options are +0.75 and +1.5 degrees of loft.

Really? I must be looking at it wrong then? The second diagram I posted (http://i.imgur.com/DY34Url.jpg) shows that each different position affects loft and face angle. It appears you can leave the lie the same, but not the loft or face?

Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!