IGNORED

Hello Sand Trap

Sheldonblk
Note: This thread is 4176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey there, Im James from California, I recently have gotten into Golf though i have played as a younger kid here and there, I am 26 now.  So my first time back I had a good day at the Range and received compliments on my swing and distance. after speaking to the local pro at the range he mentioned that my baseball experience has a little influence on that as well as my flexibility from jiu jitsu which is all hips. i have been consistently going and just got fit for new clubs, as i am hitting 150 with my 9 iron 9 times out of 10. I dont have a driver so was interested in seeing my driving yardage, but with my 3 wood i was hitting 225-250. i don't know too many golfers to speak to or discuss to much with but am wondering how common it is for beginners to be hitting 150 with a 9 and 160-ish with an 8 and choosing my 7 for 175 yard shots. it kinda hit me out of nowhere wanting to play but have been playing a lot since then and its really gotten me interested in playing more since i am doing better than i was at a younger, impatient, age. I have been having lots of fun playing as well, even not having any friends who play, but i know getting on the course will help meet new people, which is where i was told TST is a good starting place. if anyone has any advice on furthering yourself into the sport of golf id really appreciate it, i dont know how accurate the things you read on the internet about golf are, you read most people dont hit 150 with an 8 or a 9 iron, so just trying to see if these are skills im lucky to start with or if im just hitting completely average. im trying to see if this is something i should pursue more, and I know anything takes time and dedication.

Welcome to the sand trap. You should be able to meet some new faces at your local course and see how your game stacks up. Good luck. Lets hope your handicap index isn't 80

Yea just put that to make an account, i am Brand new to golf have only played a few courses and that was years ago  and  a couple chip and put tournaments which i got 1st and 2nd in. I'm trying to start playing more since theres a lot of nice courses around my area and been hitting great at the range.

Note: This thread is 4176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!