Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cantputt

Anyone have some advice?

4 posts in this topic

This might be the wrong forum but I was just wondering...  I recently injured my left middle finger in a way where the last knuckle is stuck in a flexed position.  The injury is labeled  a mallet finger, and to correct this injury i need to wear a splint or something to keep the finger straight so that the ruptured tendon can grow back.  Well instead of a splint I obtained this ring-like-thing which is a lot less bulky.  Anyway, it seems like I can still swing a golf club but my left middle finger just does not wrap around the club completely.  This might be some paranoid thinking but does anyone have any experience or know if I might develop a bad habit, or be unable to swing the club normally once the finger is healed? heh thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

just don't think about it, splint or not, had the same thing on the other hand. I thought the splint was useless, my finger is fine. Did the injury happen from jamming your finger ? Not a doctor, nor is this medical advice.

yeah it was somewhat like a jammer finger... yeah i guess i wont really know until i give it a shot.

Injured my thumb a few years ago right before a buddy trip to Scotland. Needed surgery to repair but was looking for a way to delay until after the trip. Had a special splint made at an Athletico where the PT let me mold the hand to a correct grip. The splint had allowed me to play  while protecting the thumb from further injury and hold the club with a grip that would not create too many bad habits. I'm sure it would not have be legal for competition, and it did make it very hard to hinge properly, but I was able to enjoy the trip. And when I got the thumb repaired, I had no bad habits (there was a long period of no play after surgery so YMMV).