IGNORED

Anyone have some advice?

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This might be the wrong forum but I was just wondering...  I recently injured my left middle finger in a way where the last knuckle is stuck in a flexed position.  The injury is labeled  a mallet finger, and to correct this injury i need to wear a splint or something to keep the finger straight so that the ruptured tendon can grow back.  Well instead of a splint I obtained this ring-like-thing which is a lot less bulky.  Anyway, it seems like I can still swing a golf club but my left middle finger just does not wrap around the club completely.  This might be some paranoid thinking but does anyone have any experience or know if I might develop a bad habit, or be unable to swing the club normally once the finger is healed? heh thanks

Titleist 905R 8.5 Degree // Stiff
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 16 Degree// Stiff
Titleist 690.CB// PW-3 Rifle Flighted 6.5
Titleist Spin-Milled 56 Degree
Titleist Spin-Milled 60 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist Pro V1

just don't think about it, splint or not, had the same thing on the other hand. I thought the splint was useless, my finger is fine. Did the injury happen from jamming your finger ? Not a doctor, nor is this medical advice.

yeah it was somewhat like a jammer finger... yeah i guess i wont really know until i give it a shot.

Titleist 905R 8.5 Degree // Stiff
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 16 Degree// Stiff
Titleist 690.CB// PW-3 Rifle Flighted 6.5
Titleist Spin-Milled 56 Degree
Titleist Spin-Milled 60 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist Pro V1

Injured my thumb a few years ago right before a buddy trip to Scotland. Needed surgery to repair but was looking for a way to delay until after the trip. Had a special splint made at an Athletico where the PT let me mold the hand to a correct grip. The splint had allowed me to play  while protecting the thumb from further injury and hold the club with a grip that would not create too many bad habits. I'm sure it would not have be legal for competition, and it did make it very hard to hinge properly, but I was able to enjoy the trip. And when I got the thumb repaired, I had no bad habits (there was a long period of no play after surgery so YMMV).

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!