IGNORED

Best driver/shaft combo for these swing numbers?

Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all, would love some feedback.

I've thrown away way too much money on clubs without getting fitted. I finally went into Golfsmith today and tried out the swing monitor. I really only tried the TM R1, which I loved, but just wanted to get some numbers to think about. My swing speed average was 100mph, launch angle was around 16, and RPMs at 2000. The feedback I got was that these are good numbers and the guy recommended the R1 with stock stiff flex and a draw set up.

So, my question, should I go with the stock shaft? Any other ideas for drivers that would fit these swing numbers? I really want to have the most confidence possible standing over the ball. I have tried the Callaway RAZR, PING G25, and the TaylorMade R1. Any other suggestions, as well as shafts?

Thanks so much!

Did you try a demo club or two (already put together), or did you get tested using a fitting cart with a variety of shafts to try in different heads?

I have had pretty good luck with stock shafts in drivers and FWs - only exception is the RBZ FWs, the 45 gr. stock shaft was a bit too light. Some people will spend an extra $400 for a shaft upgrade, but I've never felt the need to go that way.

At spring demo days, the clubfitters have pretty much had the same idea on driver selection sequence: Find some models you like, test hit them, find a shaft that works for you, and fine tune it with changes in loft.

For someone who has 100 mph clubhead speed, the 16* launch angle may be a bit high. Could you lower the launch angle and pick up more distance? Again, if you got tested using a fitting chart, you would get to test out multiple shafts.

From clubhead speed and launch-monitor data, the fitter should be able to find a cluster of shafts with specs that fit you. Then, you can actually test out those shafts.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!