IGNORED

Volkey Spin Milled vs Cleveland 588 DSG?

Note: This thread is 6134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did the all too common mistake of leaving my 56 Vokey Spin Milled on the 18th hole last week and of course when I called to see if anyone picked it up and turned it in, the answer was no.

So I am in need of a new 56, I could go with the Vokey again - it was a great club and it replaced a Cleveland CG 10 one dot but I found I needed a bit more bounce so I went with the Volkey.

Now I am looking at the Cleveland 588 DSG, which is pretty close to my old CG10 but with more bounce and a second sole so when I open it up a bit the stock bounce doesn't get in the way.

I don't carry a 60 so the DSG should fit me even better. Has anyone used or are currently carrying both the Spin Milled and the DSG and can give me an opinion on how they are compared to each other?

I'll preface my comments with the fact that I have always played Cleveland irons. That said, I had been using Vokey 200 series wedges since the beginning of last year's golf season until last week. I found a good deal on a 588 DSG 54 and 60 and haven't looked back. The wedges have the same soft feel that my CG4 Tours do and the dynamic sole grind makes the wedges very versatile. I can hit flop shots with the 60 at will and can use the 54 effectively in any sand situation.

I was a fan of the Vokey 200 series but I really love the 588. Bottom line is that they are both top-of-the line wedges and I don't think that you can go wrong with either one.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-3 10° Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 15° Purple Ice 75 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 19° YS-6+ StiffHybrid: Idea A2 20° Aldila NV 85 StiffIrons: Silver Scot Forged MB 4-PW, Rifle 6.0 ShaftsGap Wedge: Silver Scot Forged 52Sand/Lob Wedge: Vokey SM 58.12 Put...

Note: This thread is 6134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!