IGNORED

My Swing (Seymore McFly)

Seymore McFly
Note: This thread is 3915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Only about a year or less

My current handicap index or average score is: Not available but I have days in the 80's and then days with 106's or even high ;-)

My typical ball flight is: fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Duffed Wedge Swing

Videos:

This is my typical swing that I gravitate to on the course and during practice.  Also, do note that I just got my swing on plane after about a half of the year swing improperly.  I've never taken a real lesson, went to golftec once and wasn't to excited about working with them.  If anyone has any drills to gain that lag that you can see in the second video at the bottom, please let me know.... anything can help since I work with the trail and error method.. and live with a camera attached to me since I practice a lot.

8i swings

This is my "Practice Swing"

Originally Posted by theworldengine

What jumps out at me is how much this swing is handled by the upper body. Hogan has a great video where he shows the importance of activating the hips.

Oh yea, that's a huge source/issue of mine!  I know how important it is to generate speed with the hips, but I want to obtain the proper lag first....

I can't work on both at the same time, but should I concentrate on my hips first or the lag first then segway into the other portion?

using the lower body correctly will help you get lag! its all connected really. but the lower body activity, along with creating proper separation and sequencing thru the downswing should be worked on immediately.  other things will begin to fall in place. cant put the cart before the horse.

Thanks for that video! I never really looked into the real hogan instructions, but have listen to all the instructors talk about his methods, and see Ben explain it himself sort of put everything I've been learning into a complete package!

Thanks so much for posting that video, the way he moves with his hips in the video keeping his arms still really have "opened my eyes"

Here is the video I watched that help me understand what I was missing, but it didn't really help me implement it on the course.

Note: This thread is 3915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!