IGNORED

Zach Johnson and Azinger

westy
Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They seem to have very similar swings with a strong grip and then hold it off. Paul was told his swing would never last. He did pretty well for a swing that wouldn't last. Zach's doing alright himself.

• Administrator

I disagree that their swings are similar. They both have strong grips, and that's about it. Paul played a low fade. Zach plays high draws.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree Zinger played predominantly a low fade and Zach a draw. I've stood behind each of them and watched them hit balls. That being said Zinger could draw it and Zach can fade it. Trevino played a fade throughout his career but changed to a draw at some point on the Senior tour, but whether hitting a fade or draw anyone would recognize Trevino's distinctive swing. That is what I've observed when watching Zinger or Zach.The unusually strong grip and the hanging on through the hitting area. I've tried it to see if I could have a more consistent shot. It works for a few shots sometimes but I always revert back to my usual inconsistencies.

• Administrator

That being said Zinger could draw it and Zach can fade it.

Of course they can. They're major champions. I stick by what I said above. :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Are you a Flat earther per chance?

Nope. I just like using my brain and can see a lot more that's different about their swings than "same grip = same swing."

Guess what? There are plenty of players with "weak grips" who "hold off" the clubface too. Look up Kelvin Miyahara's "drive-hold" pattern. I think he even claims that Hogan "holds off" the clubface, and Hogan had a phenomenally weak grip.

I'm glad you're here. But the bar is a bit higher here, and speaking in loose generalities without any definitions doesn't really cut it. Between this thread and your bizarre leaderboard posts, though, you're off to an unusual start.

I'm glad I found a site where all my questions are answered with comments like you're wrong. It saves me the trouble of thinking for myself and forming my own opinion. Do you also have all the Right answers for other venues than just golf. That would be wonderful, none of us would have to think, just ask you. I for one will be declining the Kool-Aid when you say I need to drink it.

• Administrator
I'm glad I found a site where all my questions are answered with comments like you're wrong.

I said I disagree, not that you were wrong. Please don't mistake actual discussion for anything else. That's all it is, but it's also precisely what it is. And as you've done nothing to advance or explain your position, I'm locking this thread now.

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!