IGNORED

Forward Press.

Everthing Golf
Note: This thread is 3816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can someone explain to me what correct forward press is? (Prior to the takeaway many pros do this, full swing, putting etc)

I have days when I seem to get this right but its not something I can explain because I don't know what I am supposed to be doing.

I do know it sets my wrists in a position to achieve forward shaft lean at impact but that can't be the whole story.

When it is working for me I hit the most amazing shots but in a whiff I lose the correct feeling because I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing or feeling.

Please, can anyone here help a very frustrated golfer?

Its just a starting mechanism for the swing, basically a trigger move.

Look at Matt Kutcher, he has this falling away from the ball move, were the club will go vertical a bit before he takes it back.

Some pros will kick their knee in to start the backswing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its just a starting mechanism for the swing, basically a trigger move.

Look at Matt Kutcher, he has this falling away from the ball move, were the club will go vertical a bit before he takes it back.

Some pros will kick their knee in to start the backswing.

Surely there's more to it than that.

It's not the fact that I press forward but the way that I press forward that determines my success.

I can't accept that it is just a trigger and feel it's more about achieving wrist conditions for the entire swing.

My understanding of these wrist conditions are unfortunately vague and I was hoping somebody could elaborate on this.

Surely there's more to it than that.

It's not the fact that I press forward but the way that I press forward that determines my success.

I can't accept that it is just a trigger and feel it's more about achieving wrist conditions for the entire swing.

My understanding of these wrist conditions are unfortunately vague and I was hoping somebody could elaborate on this.

There are many more if u want to find what relates to u best. just go to youtube and type in forward press golf swing  or putter.  I am working on it some myself right now and have never done it til recently.

I believe it is a "trigger" for most who use it.  I know for me it is.  I have seen those that actually put weight on the left (front) leg and then shift taking the club back.  But, again, it is a start the swing move or trigger.  Be careful with the forward press as you can open up the club face if you over do it.

Butch

Note: This thread is 3816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!