IGNORED

Golf is harder than it looks!

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well yeah, but it isn't guaranteed she will get into it. But I will definitely play with her but I know she works different hours than me so won't be available all the time. It would be great to have an alternate male golfing buddy to chat with.

I agree on the golfing buddy. Good luck to you and hope you can get her into the game.

Irons Racs 3 thru 9
Woods R5 3 and 5
Driver R5 460 CC

I don`t think you`ll ever find a person, who after one try thinks golf is easier than it seems when watching others.

I did in a way when I first started.

I started playing after my brother was given two free passes for the driving range. In no time I was driving balls between the 200-250 markers. It felt good and people told me how good that was for my first time out. I thought I was the man so I went back again about a week later. Damn I was all over the place. I did hit some long ones but it wasn't easy the second time around. But I think it was the challange that made me want to stick with it. James

In the bag

Encore 10.5° 500cc
Encore 15°
Encore 18° Encore Irons 5-pw Encore hybirds 3 and 4 TearDrop TD Select 411 putter Glove All weather glove

Guest ShadowXOR

I know people say it doesn't matter but I really wish my range had markers, I'm not sure why it doesn't because the range is really nice. On the plus side they do have target greens.

How long should I wait before I play a nine hole course of par-threes? From what I understand that is the first place to play a game, but how much practice/lessons do I need before that?

Play anytime you want. Practice is practice. Play should be play.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Guest ShadowXOR
Play anytime you want. Practice is practice. Play should be play.

I've only messed around at the driving range once, and done some chipping/putting practice. Do you think it would be O.K. for me to hit a nine hole course? I'm just afraid I would go slow and piss people off but I feel like I would do O.K. and I really want to try a real course!

First time you just did what came "naturally." Then you started to "think" about it. That will do it every time. There's more, but that ought to get it (something) started.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

I've only messed around at the driving range once, and done some chipping/putting practice. Do you think it would be O.K. for me to hit a nine hole course? I'm just afraid I would go slow and piss people off but I feel like I would do O.K. and I really want to try a real course!

Do it! go in the evening when it isn't busy and have a lot of fun!

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Guest ShadowXOR
Do it! go in the evening when it isn't busy and have a lot of fun!

I found a course that is only like $10 per person for nine holes so I'm gonna go for it. :)

I found a course that is only like $10 per person for nine holes so I'm gonna go for it. :)

Please let us know how much FUN you have. Don't even keep score.

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg

I heard that Jason Kidd was a 9 within his first couple months playing. I think that was about 4-5 years ago now.......

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Guest ShadowXOR
I heard that Jason Kidd was a 9 within his first couple months playing. I think that was about 4-5 years ago now.......

Who's that?

Guest ShadowXOR
He plays for the NJ Nets..........

I hate watching sports on TV...I only like playing them in real life or games.

So I don't follow any professional stuff.

I would say get some lessons under your belt if you havent already so you can learn the basics. Then you can talk to your teacher about going to a nine-hole par 3 course. If you are comfortable with your swing at the moment just go out and have fun man.

When i first started playing my teacher would come to my house and i would hit off a mat into a net. We did that for about 6-8 lessons then i went out onto a par 3 course and started taking lessons at the range.

Whats in my bag?

Driver:R7 425 TP 9.5*
Woods:R7 Ti Fairway Woods (3 & 5)
Irons: RAC MB TP Forged Blades (3-PW)Wedges: Forged Wedges 56* and 60*Putter: Studio Style PutterBalls: ONE BlackWhat I WearGlove: ReactShoes: Adidas Powerband"You've gotta want it. You've gotta want it more than everybody...

I would say get some lessons under your belt if you havent already so you can learn the basics. Then you can talk to your teacher about going to a nine-hole par 3 course. If you are comfortable with your swing at the moment just go out and have fun man.

To each his own. I think you could either begin then take lessons, or start with lessons. It's a personal preference.

I started with a lesson. He wasn't a great teacher but WAS a great salesperson. By the end, he sold me clubs and 6 more lessons. After the 6th lesson, he told me to try 9 holes. I shot 77 with an eleven putt green! You could find a pro. You could buy a book or a video instead. Some good books: The Search for the Perfect Swing, Impact Zone by Bobby Clampett. Some videos that come to mind:Jim MacLean's 8 step swing, Brian Manzella's Do It Right. You could just take what you have and teach yourself too. Many people have succeeded each way.

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg

Guest ShadowXOR
Well I went out today and averaged a six on every hole. I had a few decent drives, but overall my fiance did even better than I did. She seemed very good hitting it straight while I was bouncing off of trees.

Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!