IGNORED

Giving advice to friends

Undr Par
Note: This thread is 6103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok, so the jest of this topic so far is if someone hasn't asked for your help then just keep your swing tips to yourself. I'm fine with that and that seems like good common sense... but if someone is having trouble and says out loud to everyone what am I doing wrong, or I can't do anything right, whats wrong with me, what can I do to correct that...??? if its just a practice round and everyone is having fun.... why shouldn't you help him.?? especially if your a low handicapper and can see something that might help him.. golf instructors are not gods... there are some bad ones out there guys... of the 20 or so guys I know who play golf, only like 4 of them take lessons, the rest just play golf for the fun of it and have fun..
I am by no means a instructor but I am a smart person who has had lots of lessons and will pass on what ever I can to someone who has a problem. you can't tell me of all the guys on here from all kinds of backgrounds that you havn't taught someone something that you learned by someone else.. your job, riding a bicycle, cooking, skiing, hunting, surfing, skateboarding, fishing, dancing, math, baseball, football, sex education to your kids... and most of these things we used no instuctors... we all know how to teach someone something and golf should be no different. if the mech's of the golf swing are always the same and you know the basics and someone has no clue, then whats wrong with helping out someone... there are so many people out there who do not think they can afford one or are intimidated by an instuctor. but if they only knew a few more basics might be able to at least give golf a better shot or be able to hit the ball a little better... if someone asks me why they can't hit there shot like mine and is truely interested in some feed back, I would glady give them some tips to help them out. I don't know why golf should be any different than any other sport we play...
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

ok, so the jest of this topic so far is if someone hasn't asked for your help then just keep your swing tips to yourself. I'm fine with that and that seems like good common sense... but if someone is having trouble and says out loud to everyone what am I doing wrong, or I can't do anything right, whats wrong with me, what can I do to correct that...??? if its just a practice round and everyone is having fun.... why shouldn't you help him.?? especially if your a low handicapper and can see something that might help him.. golf instructors are not gods... there are some bad ones out there guys... of the 20 or so guys I know who play golf, only like 4 of them take lessons, the rest just play golf for the fun of it and have fun..

I think it's great...that after, key word here, someone you are playing with asked you for help, then help them. The difference is you didn't offer help first without the other player/friend asking first.

It is a horrid pet peeve of mine. I don't golf, I'm just a golf mom. My kid has a handi of 4.3. Trust me....I've sat in a golf cart and watched my son be told what and why his drive/iron....whatever club he happens to be using at the time, draw, fade, slice, or is just plain short, by gentlemen that think they're "helping" him. My kid has a pro, but he also knows to respect his elders. He nods, he shakes hands with them, and he thanks them. But he ignores their advice. If he is having issues, well that's what his pro is for.

~disclaimer~ I'm just a golf mom.

mom's know....you go mom...

I'm a parent of 3 and have taught them the game, and I am most proud of them when at the end of there round they shake the other players hands and thank them and that person walks over to me and says you've done a good job dad, you should be proud of them.... I am... and thank you, it was a pleasure to play with you too...

Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

Note: This thread is 6103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!