IGNORED

Wild Interface on a GS4

Note: This thread is 3707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

this thing is really hard to use. Heavy weight pages load funny, text bleeding past edges, no room to see the post I am typing due to the clutter of stuff thats not my post and the keypad overrides so much screen its miserable. what is the preferred interface?

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

• Administrator
this thing is really hard to use. Heavy weight pages load funny, text bleeding past edges, no room to see the post I am typing due to the clutter of stuff thats not my post and the keypad overrides so much screen its miserable. what is the preferred interface?

Does your S4 kick you into the "Mobile" version of the site? If you scroll all the way to the bottom you can find a button to switch to it (or vice versa).

If you can post a screenshot that would help, too. I don't know what the site looks like on a GS4. The mobile site is quite nice on even smaller screens, though…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

will do. Its like the pixel sizes are about 10% to big, in effect.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

test post for determining the variablity of screen interaction on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Dumb Phone.

Tom R.

I almost bet you will see frame sizes set to a certain pixel size, but if that number was changed to "100%" It would find the edges just fine. Im not a code monkey though. Just something I learned in self defense on my website.

Tom R.

So what does that mean in terms of setting up a workable interface on my phone?

Tom R.

• Administrator
So what does that mean in terms of setting up a workable interface on my phone?

I don't know. That's not how the mobile site works on my phones, of course, and this is the first time we've heard of this problem. Can you not pinch to "zoom out"? Does the GS4 zoom in so you can better see the text you're typing or something?

I'll report this with the image(s) to the Huddler folks and will report back here if they have anything to say. Thanks.

You can scroll to the bottom of the page and toggle between desktop/mobile. Maybe for now you'll like the Desktop version more on your phone. I doubt it, but if it's causing this problem all the time, perhaps…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Its just the random variability that makes me crazy. A person can get adjusted to a non moving screen but this is randomly random. Advanced tech growing pains.

Tom R.

The access i have is through google chrome browser on my phone. Im getting a message that the rich text editor is not compatible with my browser if that helps.

Tom R.

• Administrator

@trickyputt here's what they said:

Quote:

Hey Erik, thanks for reporting this. I've been playing around on Android 2.3 and Android 4.2 to try to reproduce this issue. I'm afraid I haven't had any luck getting my phones to show this same issue the reporter's screenshot.

The only thing that comes to my mind that cuts off the mobile site like that is if the user has preference settings for the auto-rotate set to off. I've seen it where a user will have this feature turned on and turn their phone screen from horizontal to vertical very quickly. The phone does not render the now-vertical site properly causing it to look cut off or bleed over the edge. Could the user give TST's mobile site a try once more but with the auto-rotate feature turned off?

Again, I would be happy to look at this again if the user can provide steps for me to follow to attempt to reproduce.

If you could try that or provide any more details, we'd appreciate it.

I bet thats something like it. The majority time i type im in a vertical mode as it allows the visibility of typed txt to less gun-port-ish.

Tom R.

I have an HTC One, viewing the mobile site in Google Chrome as well and have the same problem. I have to "pinch" the screen as Erik said to zoom it back out when typing.

I cant snapshot the screen in horizontal mode, but imagine looking the wrong way through binoculars and you pretty well have it covered. The hassle factor is so high I would rather not use my phone and just hit the site when I am around a pc.

Tom R.

Note: This thread is 3707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!