IGNORED

Just one of those days

King Cobra II
Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went out yesterday and played 18 with a friend. The day had the makings to be great. My ball striking was fantastic, everything seemed to be there for a great round. How ever my scoring absoultly sucked. I had a few ruff holes to start the front, but birdied both par 5's. On the back I par'd the par 5's (which is usually where I give up strokes, cuz I'm not a long hitter). Anyways I was shocked when I added it up that i shot a 95! I admit I did have a 10 on the front , long story short, shitty tee shot, took the drop, shooting 3 from behind a 3, punch out,next shot in sand, just a bad whole. But all the same with the way I was striking the ball I thought the back nine could break 40, but no such luck. I'm going out in an hour an am optimistic that I will shoot low 40's, although this course is tuffer, have a good day guys!

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I've had days like that. There has allways been a debate in my golf circles: would you rather strike the ball great, but not score so good, or scramble all day long and post a good number?

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

Ive always had the complete opposite. Ive thought my days were horrible and i couldnt do anything right.. and i finsihed off with an 80? but one day i knew i did bad but i didnt expect it to be as bad as it was.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

It sort of evened itself out today, I didn't strike the ball nearly as well, and shot a 44 on nine. I just played average, one bird and one par and a bunch of bogs and a double in there I think. But yeah unless I'm playing in a tourny, i'd prefer to strike well and not score.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

This happens with me reguarly.
My main problem is I either Strike it amazingly with 8 to 12 green in regs, but 3 putt every hole.
Or I am putting for bogey every time but hole the putter
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Ive always had the complete opposite. Ive thought my days were horrible and i couldnt do anything right.. and i finsihed off with an 80? but one day i knew i did bad but i didnt expect it to be as bad as it was.

Don't know, eh, I'm the opposite. When I'm spraying my shots and hitting bad irons, I know it, and I know I'm headed for a big number that day. Usually if I know I'm not gong to break 90 I'll start playing more aggressively, not to make up shots, but just for the fun of it (I rarely play aggressively these days, with the notable exceptions of hitting driver on a lot of holes and refusing to chip sideways back to the fairway when I'm in the trees - I am actually pretty consistent with the driver, and I only try to punch out of trees).

If I'm playing good, I know about it, but I force myself not to look at the scorecard. Usually. 8 out of 10 times I'll choke, the other 2 I'll step up to the plate and pull it off.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

would you rather strike the ball great, but not score so good, or scramble all day long and post a good number?

I would have days that i thought about that question all the time. Earlier this year i shot one of my lowest rounds ever, an 81 and I just felt like i was hitting the ball terrible. I distinctly remember only hitting 1 fairway and 1 GIR all day. My chips were leaving me with 5 foot par putts which kept me in it.

Personally though, I would rather hit the ball well and not score as well. At least after a day of hitting the ball well it feels like you went golfing.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!