• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Ando

Long putter (Odyssey vs Taylormade)

Ando    0

Hey so I am looking to make the switch to a long putter and i have been looking at  the Odyssey Metal-X DART Long Putter and the TaylorMade Ghost Manta Long Putter. This is going to be my second season playing and I'm not too good but i really want to improve my game this summer. I picked up the Ping Scottsdale Long putter at a golf shop and messed around with it and loved it, which is why i want to make the switch. I am 5'7" and 22 years old, if that matters much. Any help as to which way i should go would be great. Thanks!

Hammer 4    51

Just my 3 cents, but if you can demo all the putters you have in mind, do so. Also if your able to get fitted for the one you choose, that would be a bonus. I think it's pretty tuff for anyone to suggest which putter, or any club for that matter that You should buy. I base my purchases on research, and trying each club out. I weigh suggestions from others fairly lightly, as everyone has a different opinion on what's what. BTW, I have a TM putter now, but I'm looking to ad a Odyssey White Hot to my line up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ando    0

yeah i think thats what I'm going to do, take a ride to goldsmith today to try a few out and see if they can fit me for the putter i like.