IGNORED

Steel shafts.

Crate
Note: This thread is 6100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Iron shafts provide players a more consistent feel and feedback on their shots. The only negative aspect of steel shafts is their heavier weight, which for some players restricts their swing speed and kills some of their much wanted distance.

flex is really, really important. the shaft flex allows you to control and maximize the distance your swing speed is producing. With the wrong flex that shaft flex point is bending or kicking through at the wrong time, which restricts your distance and can impact your ball flight.

I got a driver from a non-golfing family member with a regular flex and I hooked every ball because the tip was just to soft and kicked through to low rather than a mid or high point flex.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

My 1st set. Love the practicing like everyone on here , we all have to start out sometime. I had some time and ran into Dicks sporting goods and checked out some other clubs. I thought mt slingshots were heavy...they had a set of taylormades on the floor that seemed to have a nice feel. I do not consider myself big or muscular in any way, but he is the second person to say get a stiff shaft with my upper body strength.

Like I said I'm still new and this forum is a great place for info.that info will make me a better player and also help me stop spinning my wheels looking at all the different clubs. Most on here have golfed for a while. the few of us who are new, have so much to buy equipment wise then we gotta think about practicing. I think I rushed a bit too fast...should have checked into the steel=l shafts first.

Also with my set I have no sand wedge. I have a pitching wedge, thats it. Looking into all the different sand wedges out on the market with the so many different angels anyone wanna shoot me a recommendation on one. I would like to purchase a good one from a well known manufacturer.

Thanks

I hear you man, golf is just one of those games where you have to stick with it and get your hands dirty. As for equipment its always a pain in the butt, we're always looking for the newest and best technology to help ourselves move along.
You can listen to as many people as you want on this site but the best thing to do is to be fitted by a qualified professional. Upper body strength and all of that doesn't determine shaft flex, its all about your numbers. I've seen the smallest guys have very compact swings where they load so much they use stiff and extra stiff shafts.

Your swing and ball speed will determine which shaft is best for you. So, get fitted get your specs and if you some cash lying around and enjoy your current irons you can always just reshaft.

Wedges, they are pretty important man. Depending on your budget, I'd rec. at least two wedges, a sand wedge (56 degree) and a lob ( 60degree). If you are only looking into picking up a single wedge make it the sand wedge, its a very versatile tool.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Note: This thread is 6100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!