IGNORED

Very quick, easy question.

Kellfire
Note: This thread is 6077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Work on your short game more than the long game. You will see more rewards from it. Even a player who shoots in the 70's is going to be off once in awhile, but if he has a solid short game he can still shoot his score. I've had many rounds where I didn't hit hardly any greens, but still shot between 72-75 because of chipping and putting.
I guarantee you if you get serious about your short game, your scores will go down. The problem with most people is that they get bored with it. They would rather go hit on the range. They stand there and wail away at a driver ball after ball.
That's another thing that I've noticed is people hitting ball after ball with a driver or favorite club. If you think about it, you don't do that on a golf course. You hit a drive, than an iron. This is another good way to work on the range. It makes you take your time and think before you hit again. A lot of times I'll play out each hole on the course I'm playing even before I tee off. This helps you mentally get ready before the round. Sorry about the rambling.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Don't be sorry for rambling, that is great advice. In fact, when I do go to the range, I try to bring a score card from a course, and play each hole properly. Hit a drive, evaluate where it went, and think about what shot I would shoot if I was on the course. If I hit a mis-hit or a bad slice, I force myself to play what the course would have demanded. Maybe a punch down 3 iron, or a high ball to get over a tree, etc.

So, to the chipping green i go ;)

Ken
http://labs.live.com/photosynth

Driver: R7 425 9.5 ProLaunch Blue R65
3W: Raylor Burner RegIrons: R7 TP 3-PW ProjectX 6.0GW: 52/8 Vokey Oil CanSW: 56/14 Vokey Spin Milled Oil CanPutter: 330 PutterBag: Grom

I try to bring a score card from a course, and play each hole properly.

Excellent advice! Thanks.

In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Note: This thread is 6077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now