IGNORED

What to you makes golf... Golf

InternalGolf
Note: This thread is 6064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf is the first thing in my life that I've both enjoyed and not been particularly good at (at the beginning). I mentioned this to many people, and I just hear "that's golf."

+1 on Shindig's comment.

I also enjoy the serenity of a course, and the fact that its about the only time I can enjoy the type of challenge, locker room talk and camaraderie like I did when I was a competitive athlete.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

One person said:

1.- It makes that I forget of evreything. (School, exams, friends, etc)
2.- For that 3 hours and a half of 4 hours I feel relaxed.

This is what makes golf....golf for me. As an example my wife once asked "What do you guys talk about for 3 hours in a cart?" I thought for a while and said, "Well, we talk about golf."

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of the most fascinating things about golf is how it reflects the cycle of life. No matter what you shoot - the next day you have to go back to the first tee and begin all over again and make yourself into something.

- Peter Jacobsen

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

If you have a bad hole on hole 1, hole 2 is a whole new ball game and a fresh start.

I couldn't agree more. When I was first learning, each round was anew. Then, I'd look forward to a good back, say, if I had a poor front. Eventually, it occured to me that every given hole was a fresh start.

HOWEVER, a big "enlightenment" to me was, when you realize, each shot is a new shot. Sure, each shot on any given hole is affected by the previous one (a drive into a fairway bunker vs. the fairway), but just because you pushed a drive doesn't mean you can't pure the next 7-iron. Skulling your wedge to the back edge of the green doesn't mean you can't drain that putt. The bottom line is, each shot is an independent opportunity for you to excel. That makes golf the unique and captivating challenge that it is.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Another thing I love about golf is the views you get. No matter if the course is in a "bad condition" where your standing. When you look out into the open you see a beautful landscape that just grabs you and brings you into it. I love the beauty of golf courses.

Driver: G2
3 Wood: Launcher
Irons: FoundersWedges: Putter: Tru TechBall: The Longest NoodleBag: Grom If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up. ~Tommy...

I enjoy being outdoors and when you hit the ball sweet it makes it all worth while.

Also, im still improving and i want to keep improving so i keep going back for more :)
Superquad 9.5 Stiff
G5 3 Wood Stiff
MP-57 3-PW
R-Series 56 Wedge
52 & 60 WedgesWH #5

Trying to figure out what I did to hit that "one shot". Everyone has that one shot in their past that either holed-out or stopped so close to the pin that even Phil could make the putt. I play entire rounds to hit that "one shot".

Amen to that one! I also like the fellowship among golfers. Plus, that inner calm that you must find, and which can only be found playing golf...sounds weird, but that's how i feel...

To me, it's when you are in the middle of the city and all you can see is trees and grass. Also, there are no phones, no customers, and my wife don't play.

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

Note: This thread is 6064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!