IGNORED

taylormade speedblade compared rsi 1

Sparrow
Note: This thread is 3354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

would it be worth parting ways with my speedblades to get the rsi 1?

I can't imagine it's ever worth upgrading from one model year to the next. The improvement is so marginal.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

thanks for the input, I kind of feel the same....I have a friend that keeps trying to hype me up to get the rsi 1's. Feel like i only would want it to match the R15 driver im gonna pick up

I have one of the free Speedblade 6irons that they gave away when they released the clubs and it's a noticeable difference between my Callaway X-24s. I keep it in my bag and basically use it instead of my 5i because it gets the ball up more easily (the SB loft on the 6 is actually stronger than the loft on my 5, and I get the distance more consistently with the SB). It's basically a hybrid in terms of how easy it is to hit. The Speedblades are really great golf clubs.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't get rid of the Speedblades for the RSi1 because the gunmetal grey of the Speedblade is just marvelous to look at. I've seen the RSi and the face slots don't agree with my eye. Anyway, performance-wise, I really, really doubt you'd see a big difference. The lofts are virtually the same and I doubt you'd notice the face slot benefits without a robot to test it.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

youtube comparison

I haven't hit the speedblades but I have the RSi1's.  I upgraded from TM Burner 2.0 and I hit the RSi1's much better.  They really do help with mishits.  They seem to only lose a few yards where other clubs lose more.

Youtube reviews - the data matches what I say above.  I like the face slots - they help me frame the ball.

youtube comparison

I haven't hit the speedblades but I have the RSi1's.  I upgraded from TM Burner 2.0 and I hit the RSi1's much better.  They really do help with mishits.  They seem to only lose a few yards where other clubs lose more.

Youtube reviews - the data matches what I say above.  I like the face slots - they help me frame the ball.

In fairness, the Burner 2.0 came out in 2010 vs. 2014 for the Speedblade. That's a lot of time for new tech to have filtered into the clubs.

I think his point about flights being higher or lower are fair, but saying he could test forgiveness based on three shots, one that was badly out the toe, without using the HMT attachment for GC2 to measure strike more closely, is a stretch. And the forgiveness in these clubs will do very little to help the ball directionally; it's really just helping with minimizing loss of yardage.

Why does it seem like all the interesting club reviewers who use GC2 are all British? This guy, Crossfield, Shiels. I wanna see some quality reviews stateside, haha!

Dom's Sticks:

I wonder the same thing - all british guys.  Golf reviews in general on youtube are british guys.

Maybe I will start my own crappy golfer review channel.  :)

I am golf equipment addict - just love reading about and playing with all the new stuff as it comes out.

I wonder the same thing - all british guys.  Golf reviews in general on youtube are british guys. Maybe I will start my own crappy golfer review channel.  :) I am golf equipment addict - just love reading about and playing with all the new stuff as it comes out.

There are American guys too! They're just not as popular.

Gaz Lee

There are American guys too!

They're just not as popular.

I'm a sucker for a good Crossfield review.  He will give you an honest review although he obviously likes some brands more than others.

I'm a sucker for a good Crossfield review.  He will give you an honest review although he obviously likes some brands more than others.

yeah, He's a self confessed mizuno boy! He just gives his honest opinion on clubs, looks, feel, performance, technology, but usually implies that it is just his opinion and that what may or may not work for him could be different for others, I'm now a bit of a fan of his, not so much his vlogs, but his reviews and tips are put across very well, oh, and I would kill for a swing like his!

Gaz Lee

yeah, He's a self confessed mizuno boy!

He just gives his honest opinion on clubs, looks, feel, performance, technology, but usually implies that it is just his opinion and that what may or may not work for him could be different for others, I'm now a bit of a fan of his, not so much his vlogs, but his reviews and tips are put across very well, oh, and I would kill for a swing like his!

I think he still plays their irons, but the Mizuno fanboyism hasn't been very apparent since around the same time that he lofted up and learned to stop crapping on Taylormade.

Dom's Sticks:

I think he still plays their irons, but the Mizuno fanboyism hasn't been very apparent since around the same time that he lofted up and learned to stop crapping on Taylormade.

If you see him review mizuno irons, especially the mp's, he goes all gooey and starts dribbling, then after every shot he makes a kind of satisfied groaning noise usually associated with adult movies!

Gaz Lee

he is def a mizuno fanboy.  he still games the jpx-ez but he did end up with the taylormade sldr driver after talking shit.  looks like he uses a versa putter in his course blogs.

he seems to have a pretty good life though and he does have a great swing.  always looks so effortless.

Note: This thread is 3354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!