IGNORED

Cali is so hot its on fire.....

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

man.... thanks to the fires, golfing looks like a no go... the air smells like ash everywhere here ( so unheatly)... but i'm glad i live in the middle of the valley. unless the fire skips from house to house (i think the closest fire to us is malibu but even that is like 15-20+ miles away)...
i work in koreatown and it is like 10-15 degrees hotter cause of the fire,smoke thats all around us... maybe hell is surfacing here in cali (refrence to the movie 'little nicky' w/ adam sandler)...
this is kind of disappointing cause i'm waiting for snowboarding season and this hot weather is no helping...

good luck to those of you who live near the fires...

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Yes good luck, it looks terrible on TV... Everyone I know here on the East Coast is pulling for everyone out there.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

man.... thanks to the fires, golfing looks like a no go...

I suspect there are places in LA that it is fine to play. Unless I have the geography of the fire wrong, the Encino/Balboa/Woodley Lakes courses should be fine. Maybe I'm off my rocker here.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Life in the valley surrounded by fire.

As I was driving from Northridge into L.A. yesterday I looked to the mountains south of Topanga and could see the billowing clouds of smoke from the Malibu fires. Later that day as I was sitting in my room I would look at the mountains directly north (a few miles) of me and could see the smoke from the Stevenson Ranch fire, hoping the winds wouldn't blow the fire in our direction.

It looks as though the winds are gone (for now). Now for the smoke to clear.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Those fires are just aweful. Good luck to ya out in Cali

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

2-4 fires are 80%-100% contained but there are still around 5-8 other fires still going.
when you go outside anywhere in the valley or los angeles and you can tell its still not really a good day to golf. its a bit cooler and less smoke compared to yesterday but they say its supposed to cool down tomorrow , hopefully that will help us during the fire season. oh how i hate this indian summer.... bring on the cold cold weather....

In my bag:

I live in rancho santa margarita right next to the huge santiago canyon fire.
it is so smoky and it is so hard to breathe. The only good thing is my high school cancelled classes for tomarrow. I hope the fires go away so so i can get back to playing golf again.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Not too bad of a day here in So-Cal, at least here in Hemet. Still got the Santiago fire going and another one in the Pala area that are leaving some smoke and ash. I think as the weather turn and calmed down it gave the firefighters a chance to gain some ground.

It's looking like I'm going to play on Friday afternoon in Van Nuys (Woodley Lakes).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its finally back to normal in cali... well its been a couple days but finally its nice and cool today... =) good luck shindig for tomorrow.. how is the course at woodley? i've heard of it and been there for range but never on the course.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!