IGNORED

MX-25 vs. MX-20

Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all.

I am looking to get a new set of irons in a few months (with the tax return). I am currently playing with Mizuno MX-20 with Dynamic Gold Lite W/Sensicore S300. I hit them well and really like them, but have the "new equipment bug". Almost every club in my bag had been changed in the last 2 months. Only the irons and wedges remain from pre-2007.

Anyways, I am looking for a set of forged cavity back irons and demo'ed an MX-25 with the Dynalite Gold Superlite S300. The MX-25 felt dull compared to my MX-20 even with solid contact (or at least what I thought was solid contact). I was wondering if the difference in shafts might explain that. For my next set of irons, I was thinking about doing with the Dynamic Gold w/Sensicore or the Rifle Project X Flighted. I hit my irons pretty high as it is, so don't need any help there. Any thoughts?

I also demo'ed the MP-60 with Dynamic Gold S300. That felt pretty good and it lets you know when you didn't make contact with the sweet spot. Think I still need the forgiveness of the MX series for now, but it's still an option for the MP-60 and the newer MP-57. Am also wanting to try out the 755CB and the Bridgestone forged irons. Tired the X-Forged about a month ago and it was ok, but think Mizuno is top on the list. It's just that the MX-25 didn't feel quite right.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

FT-i 9.5* Speeder 686 Stiff
906F2 15* UST Proforce V2 75 Stiff
3DX Ironwood 17* & 20* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
MX-20 4-PW Dynamic Gold Lite S300
Vokey Oil Can 52* & 56*Yes Tiffany 34"

I recently, heh yesterday, got a set of MX-25s.

I demoed them and ordered the set from a local shop last tuesday.

The demo/fitting club that was closest to what I bought had the Dyna-lite shaft. I kinda had the same impression as you, the club felt "harsh" also ot felt not quite as solid in the swing as I wanted. I checked out one of their blades with the Dynamic Gold shaft, which felt much better and is what I ended up ordering.

After spending a few hours at the range with them I definitely made the correct choice. They Dynamic Gold shaft just feels smooth and the clubs feel nice and buttery on well struck balls and not bad at all on miss-hits (cept for a bladed ball).

G5 driver
X 3w
Big Bertha '07 5w
MX-25 4-GW
Kite Custom 56* SW Karsten Anser 2 GROM stand bag

Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!