• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Why? I don't think so, but… people can and do successfully do a LOT of things. Pencil, claw, cross-hand, etc. I don't think it matters much in putting.      
    • I find that interesting. More so that the lead hand has more pressure than the trail hand. I think I may have lack of grip pressure in the lead hand.  It would be interesting to see the grip pressure device used on short game and putting as well. I wonder if putting flips from lead hand to trail hand being dominant in grip pressure.   
    • Why would you post it as a five? If I'm standing on a cart path and my ball is in a horrible lie, sometimes I get a much better lie after the drop (if my ball is in a good lie, I may just play it standing on the cart path). This is no different. It's not like the alligator was 20 yards away, or 50. Even if your two feet is off by a factor of five, an aligator within ten feet of you is a dangerous animal condition. Free relief.
    • I think I know the rule so this is really what would you do? Today on our 4th hole I hit a ball right next to the water. Due to a tree, I had no shot at the green, but I had a stance and I could advance the ball maybe up to 100 yards forward to the green (I was around 165 away). From there I expected to have an easy wedge to the green and more likely than not a two putt for bogey. As I'm lining up my shot, I look over and there's a decent size gator, probably +6 feet, about two feet away from me in the water looking right at me. Although I know it's very unlikely it would go after me, it's unnerving, so I took my allowed free relief and move my ball to a safe spot 15 feet away. From 170 I now had an opening to the green, I hit a nice 6i pin high and just missed the putt from 20 feet. I'm allowed free relief so I made par, but it doesn't feel right to record as a par? Thinking I should post a 5. Thoughts?
    • Anecdotally, yes I think so. Played TPC Louisiana recently which had tight Bermuda surrounds and Bermuda greens and the ball checked up so much quicker there than it does from bent fairways/greens I usually play on at home. I can get one hop and stop at home, but it felt significantly easier on Bermuda IMO.   I hit one of these shots today from about 30-40yds, it maybe just went over head high the entire way. My favorite part is when the playing partners immediately start saying "get down" or "bite" and I know it's going to do just that then the "oohs" when it took one big hop and stopped on a dime about 2 feet from the hole for an easy birdie.  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...