• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• There are a couple of local courses that would qualify for US Open qualifiers.    The Flint Elks Club was used as a qualifier for the Buick Open back in the day and plays 6900+.  It can be challenging for elite golfers if they let the rough grow.   I believe Fred Couples has the course record at 63. The other course that could be used for a US qualifier is Sugarbush in Davison.  If they left the rough long it would challenge any golfer.  It plays 7283 from the tips with a rating of 75.9 / 147.  It was voted one of the best public courses in Michigan recently.
    • I get it. Believe me, I get it.  The one thing I will say for Bryson is he is one of the very few LIV guys who's still trying to improve his game. A lot of the LIV guys feel like they are just mailing it in. They got the huge payday and now they are just trying to fulfill their obligations to show up. 
    • My course Elizabeth Manor hosts the Eastern Amateur every year in July. The best 'kids' shoot like -8 each day from the tips, so I think US Open qualifier would end up a 2-3 shots better. Basically it would be a game of misses - birdie misses. 
    • For what it's worth, I never took Bryson as a bad person. Now more so, he seems way more genuine now than he used to be. He just leaning into his personality, and I think that is a good thing because he is a very entertaining golfer. I find his YouTube channel entertaining. He just made a questionable business decision in joining LIV.  I mean, man props to Bryson here. Bryson, during the final round, between the 17th and 18th hole signed the hat of a disabled kid. He didn't have to go out of his way to do this. Same for Rory, Rory stopped on by as well to greet the kid. Mad props to Rory as well. 
    • It's funny because the USGA through the FSGA definitely had a formula for what they wanted to see. They were very careful to set up a very fair test. They didn't tip it out, and they actually moved a few holes up from the black tees because they didn't like how a tree was blocking out one side of the fairway or that every par 3 was over 195. There was a mixture of easier and harder pin locations and the greens were cut to their specs.  In the end, I think they accomplished their goal of identifying the best golfers that particular day. Finally, I would highly recommend attendance at one of these events. It was very spectator friendly where you could get really close to some really good guys and see them work their way around the course. There are no ropes, its quiet, and there are no hordes of crowds to navigate. I think Charlie Woods, who had a security detail, had between 15-30 people hanging around but others like Kutchar and LeMieux, really flew under the radar. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...