IGNORED

Greetings from St. Louis...a Unashamed Golf Addict

gortyl
Note: This thread is 6011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

FINALLY, I've found a place to jabber about golf, my addiction. It started with my dad waking me up when I was a kid at the butt crack of dawn. At first I'd just ride around with him and watch him play and then, after some cheap lessons, I'd play a few times a year. To this day, those are some of the best memories I have of my dad.

As I grew up, I never caught the bug and would play 3-4 times a year. Had some of my best friends who had the fever and would play every Saturday. They told me they did, but I didn't care. In 2001, they started a Myrtle trip that I went on, but was more focused on the "other" things in Myrtle than golf. But in 2003, the trip almost died, but a couple of us decided on a whim to go to Scottsdale for a trip. This is where the bug bit me.....followed quickly by my wife approving the purchase of all new clubs and bag.....followed by a trip to Scotland to play the Old Course, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns. By that trip, the fever was in full pitch, but needless to say, that put it over the top.

I've played 74 times this year and about 160 different courses in my life. I can't play it enough, ready about it enough, talk about it enough, practice it enough or watch it enough.

Admitting your an addict is the first step, right? I'm hopelessly, and happily I might add, a golf addict

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

Hi Gortyl! I just moved from St. Louis to Charleston. Funny thing is I didn't play the 4 yrs I was there but a friend came over here to visit an we played a couple rounds and Boom! Bug bit me again! lol

See ya around the funny farm.

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

Admitting your an addict is the first step, right? I'm hopelessly, and happily I might add, a golf addict

It's only the first step if you want to quit. And you don't. Welcome to the board.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

true and so true....thx.

FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

My company (employer) has it's HQ in STL (Maryland Heights). I am there quite often. What are your recommendations on that side of town for an enjoyable round?
In my (looking for a new cart bag):

Driver: AirMax 430-S, 10.5°, Fujikura R Flex
3-Wood: Gigagolf Ozzy Moto, 15°, UST PGH 100 R Flex
5-Wood: Gigagolf Ozzy Moto, 18°, UST PGH 100 R FlexHybrids: Deep Red 17°/21°Irons: Deep Red, 17-4 Stainless, 5-PWWedges: Orlimar SOS Black Oxide,...

hey wireless - first of all, you've got me curious as to who you work for since i'm in a sector of the wireless industry. secondly, maryland heights is an odd part of town for golf. the closest public course is crystal springs quarry http://http://crystalspringsquarry.com/ . it's an okay golf course with an interesting layout that lies where a quarry used to be (imagine that!). but most of the time it's just not in that great of shape. if you're just out to play a quick round near work, i'd shoot out there. creve coeur, the adjacent municipality to maryland heights, also has an okay muni that you can look up.

if you've got some time, say 20-30 minutes to drive, there are a few classics that i can point out to you in the st. charles area, the sunset hills area and just across the river in illinois. if you're interested, let me know, otherwise, those two above are the closest. the maryland heights area just doesn't have a lot to offer in the way of public golf nearby....

love talking about golf in the lou, so let me know if i can help further....

FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all, Atlanta, Georgia here. Looking forward to participating in the forum. Bore the hell out of most people with my addiction to golf, so really love the idea that I can actually talk golf and not get booed out of the room!

Note: This thread is 6011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!